123RF.com, Credit: haveseen
Modern Margarita launches new cocktail menu
Modern Margarita, the award-winning urban taco and tequila bar located at 5410 East High Street in Northeast Phoenix, has added several new options to its “Modern Cocktails and Margarita” menu, each made only with fresh juices, pure ingredients and innovative new flavor profiles.
In addition, the restaurant, which boasts more than 60 highland and lowland Blanco, Reposado, and Anejo tequilas as well as Ultra-premium and Mezcal options for the tequila connoisseur to sip on, now offers several tequila flights starting at just $23.
Each of the new tequila-infused cocktails, in addition to all of the long-time favorites will be available starting on July 24 – National Tequila Day. In addition, Modern Margarita is celebrating National Tequila Day in style, offering 2 for 1 tequila with some of their personal favorites, including Chicano, Casa Noble, Cazadores, Corzo and Espolon.
The new cocktail offerings, many of which are available in 12-ounce, 16-ounce and shareable 60-ounce sizes, include:
- Sandia Rita: Altos Blanco Tequila, watermelon syrup, pineapple juice, house sour, agave, fresh lime juice $10/$13/$50
- Up in Smoke: Mastro Dobel Humito Tequila, barrel smoked maple syrup, simply syrup, house sour $11/$14/$55
- Tortuga: Avion Silver Tequila, Grand Marnier, melon liqueur, agave nectar, fresh lime juice $13/$19/$65
- OG Rustic: Reposado Tequila, fresh lime juice, agave nectar $9/$14/$45
Other popular items still available on the summer cocktail menu include:
- Hot Mango: Milagro Silver Tequila, Ancho Reyes Chile Liqueur, mango puree, jalapeño agave, fresh lime juice $13/$19/$65
- The Clooney: Casamigos Blanco Tequila, Cointreau, vanilla simple syrup, house sour, muddled orange $13/$19/$65
- Sonoran Sunset: Mastro Dobel Diamante Tequila, Cointreau, fresh lemon juice, prickly pear syrup $13/$19/$65
- The Conquistador: Roca Patron Silver Tequila, Mandarine Napoleon Liqueur, simple syrup, fresh blackberries $13/$19/$65
- OG Rita: Blanco Tequila, Triple Sec, agave nectar, fresh lime juice $9/$14/$45
- Mexican Mule: Milagro Silver Tequila, fresh lime juice, ginger beer $10 (only available in 12-ounce size)
- Modern Margarita: Herradura Blanco Tequila, Aperol, fresh grapefruit juice, simple syrup $10/$13/$50
There are also a variety of frozen margaritas and several wines by the glass and bottle as well as beers by the can, bottle and on draft.
Modern Margarita is open Sunday to Monday from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.; Tuesday to Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 12 a.m.; Thursday from 11 a.m. to 1 a.m.; and Friday to Saturday from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. There are daily happy hour specials on food and drinks from 3 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.