Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain is adding some flair to summer in Scottsdale with a new “Bar Brawl” series. In the spirit of friendly rivalry, top local talent will square off from behind the bar to raise the championship belt (plus they’ll win a Las Vegas getaway). The competition launches July 19 with match-ups at jade bar every Sunday through Aug. 16. Weekly winners will advance to semi-finals on Aug. 23 and Aug. 30, and the champion brawl will be held Sept. 13. Including DJ entertainment and a new menu of “Bar Brawl Bites” at happy hour prices, jade bar is turning Sunday night (starting at 8 p.m.) into the best part of the weekend.
Each brawl kicks off at 8:30 p.m. and goes three rounds focused on a specific spirit, with the program emceed by Executive Chef Beau MacMillan and refereed by Sanctuary’s lead mixologist, Eddie Aces. Resulting cocktails are judged by a panel of local celebrities, and the winner of two rounds on any given night will move to the semi-finals.
The Bar Brawl line-up:
- July 19 – Vodka – Keifer Gilbert of Counter Intuitive vs. Andrew Calisterio of Crudo
- July 26 – Gin – Stephanie Teslar of Blue Hound Kitchen vs. Michael Liberatore of Citizen Public House
- Aug. 9 – Bourbon – Clint Spotleson of Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel vs. Tony Pharias ofTarbell’s
- Aug. 16 – Rum – Kyle Mason of Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia vs. Alexa Bowler of Olive & Ivy
- Aug. 23 – Semi-finals
- Aug. 30 – Semi-finals
- Sept. 13 – Championship: Bar Brawl “Bar Master” crowned.