Caesars Sportsbook Co-Presidents Eric Hession and Chris Holdren, Caesars Sportsbook Chief Trends Officer Trey Wingo, Governor of Arizona Doug Ducey, CEO and President of Arizona Diamondbacks Derrick Hall, World Series Champion Luis Gonzalez, and JB Smoove celebrate the launch of sports betting in Arizona at Caesars Sportsbook at Chase Field, Home of the Arizona Diamondbacks on Thursday, Sept. 9, 2021.
Sports betting arrives in Arizona with Caesars Sportsbook
The wait is finally over and legal sports betting in the state of Arizona is officially live. As an Authorized Gaming Operator of Major League Baseball and in partnership with the Arizona Diamondbacks, Caesars Entertainment today celebrated sports betting’s legalization with a kickoff event featuring dignitaries and celebrities, a charitable donation of $20,000 to the Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation, a ceremonial first bet, and more.
Emmy nominated actor-comedian JB Smoove, who stars as ‘Caesar’ in the brand’s nationwide advertising campaign, Caesars Sportsbook Chief Trends Officer and Brand Ambassador Trey Wingo, Arizona Diamondbacks legend Luis Gonzalez and CEO and President Derrick Hall, along with state dignitaries, including Governor Doug Ducey, placed the ceremonial first bets for charity at Caesars Sportsbook at Chase Field, home of the D-backs. The event featured festivities for fans in attendance, food and beverage, and sports betting 101-style education around responsible gaming before sports bets were placed for the first time at a temporary retail sportsbook at the Chase Field box office ticket windows.
READ ALSO: Ranking Arizona: Top 10 casinos for 2021
“Today’s event was a culmination of what we’ve been excited about for quite some time, bringing legal sports betting to the great sports fans in Arizona,” said Chris Holdren, Co-President of Caesars Digital. “Arizona is like a second home for Caesars, and we’ve operated in the state for more than 25 years. We take pride in our brand-new Caesars Sportsbook app being online for day one of sports betting here and we’re ecstatic to offer Arizonans a sports betting experience that can’t be matched.”
Caesars’ partnership with the D-backs includes plans to build a two-story sportsbook and sports bar at Chase Field with a design fit for an emperor. Opening in early 2022, the venue will become a hospitality and entertainment destination to be enjoyed by sports bettors and non-sports bettors, locals and visitors alike. In the interim, sports fans can continue to place in-person bets at five walk-up betting kiosks that will be installed on the north side of the plaza.
In addition to in-person bets being accepted at Chase Field, the brand-new Caesars Sportsbook app is officially available for download and use by Arizona customers. The best-in-class app integrates mobile sports betting with Caesars’ industry-leading loyalty program, Caesars Rewards, where every bet, win or lose, rewards the bettor with Tier Credits and Reward Credits that can be used to unlock unbeatable experiences within the Caesars portfolio of properties and partnerships, including access to VIP experiences with the D-backs at Chase Field for registered app users in Arizona.
• Every bet earns – win or lose, every wager gives you more with Caesars Rewards. Each bet earns Caesars Rewards Tier Credits and Reward Credits. Caesars Sportsbook links with Caesars Rewards, making it as easy to earn and redeem online as it is in person at one of Caesars’ more than 50 destinations across 16 states. Reward Credits earned within the Caesars Rewards network can be redeemed everywhere, meaning everything you earn online can be used for free play, dining, getaways, and specially curated sports and entertainment experiences
• Thousands of ways to wager – Caesars Sportsbook provides extensive odds and flexible limits, making it the most dynamic way to bet sports
• Easy to play – Caesars Sportsbook makes it easy to get a bet down and ensures less interruption in the user experience
• A trusted name in casino entertainment – Caesars Sportsbook has safe and secure payment options and best-in-class partnerships
• Unmatched offers & promotions – Caesars Sportsbook features daily offers, promotions and odds boosts to give bettors emperor-worthy chances to win at caesars.com/promos
With customized offerings, a wide range of betting lines and flexible limits, Caesars Sportsbook treats every customer like royalty. Arizonans can also get closer to the game while taking advantage of all of the incredible offers that celebrate sports betting’s launch in the state. Grand Canyon State bettors can continue to stack two offers for a first bet experience worthy of an emperor:
• Now through Sept. 30 every Arizona bettor gets a $5,000 risk-free bet: First bets up to $5,000 are risk-free for all app users until Sept. 30
• Add on an NFL jersey when you bet $100 on the NFL: Opt-in and place $100 worth of bets on the NFL by Sept. 30 to receive an NFL jersey of choice
Caesars is an official sports betting partner of The Arizona Diamondbacks, the official casino sponsor and an official sports betting partner of the NFL, and has partnerships with the NBA, NHL, MLB, and several individual teams.
For refreshing, real-time industry updates and to join the empire of like-minded Caesars, players can engage with the Caesars Sportsbook social handle @CaesarsSports on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.