Chris Toci of Cushman & Wakefield of Arizona, Investment Broker of the Year, 2015 Best of NAIOP Arizona awards event at the Arizona Biltmore. Courtesy of Peter Madrid, Cushman & Wakefield.
CRE leaders win big at 2015 Best of NAIOP
Bob Mulhern, senior managing director at Colliers International, was honored with the Award of Excellence at the 2015 Best of NAIOP last week at the Arizona Biltmore.
A NAIOP member since 1994, Mulhern served on the Arizona Board of Directors for 14 years, including stints as president and chairman in 1996. He is currently chair of the education committee. In 1996, he moved NAIOP to a strategy of big events, beginning with a golf tournament that year. It has since grown to be one of the most sought-after tickets on the calendar.
NAIOP Arizona’s Award of Excellence, formerly the Lifetime Achievement Award, is awarded by the Arizona Chapter Board of Directors on an annual basis at the Best of NAIOP event. The criteria for the recipient is an individual who has made a significant, positive impact on the office and industrial commercial real estate market in Arizona over a period of no less than 15 years, as well as their direct volunteer contribution to the chapter.
As NAIOP Arizona celebrated its 30th year, it was a big night for repeat winners. Ryan Companies US took home its fourth straight Best of NAIOP award for Firm of the Year and third straight award for General Contractor of the Year. Butler Design Group was named Architect of the Year for the fourth straight time and CBRE (Brokerage Firm of the Year) won for the second straight time.
In the brokerage awards, repeat winners were Pat Williams, JLL, Tenant Rep Broker of the Year; Kate Morris and Vince Femiano, CBRE, Healthcare Brokers of the Year; and Chris Toci, Cushman & Wakefield, Investment Broker of the Year.
Phoenix-based ViaWest Group took home two honors: Owner/Developer of the Year, and Transaction of the Year, Biltmore Financial Center. Talk of the Town Award went to Marina Heights, Building 500.
The event was sponsored by NAIOP Arizona. More than 950 commercial real estate professionals attended.
The 2015 Best of NAIOP winners:
- Owner/Developer of the Year: ViaWest Group
- NAIOP Firm of the Year: Ryan Companies US, Inc.
- Architect of the Year: Butler Design Group
- Interior Architect of the Year: RSP Architects
- General Contractor of the Year: Ryan Companies US, Inc.
- Tenant Improvement Contractor of the Year: Ryan Companies US, Inc.
- Office Broker of the Year: Todd Noel, Keith Lambeth & Ryan Timpani, Colliers International
- Industrial Broker of the Year: Pat Feeney, Dan Calihan & Rusty Kennedy, CBRE
- Retail Broker of the Year: Joe Doucett, NGKF
- Investment Broker of the Year: Chris Toci, Cushman & Wakefield
- Healthcare Broker of the Year: Kate Morris & Vince Femiano, CBRE
- Tenant Representative Broker of the Year: Pat Williams, JLL
- Emerging Broker of the Year: Cooper Fratt, CBRE
- Rookie Broker of the Year: Michael Strittmatter, CBRE
- Industrial Build-to-Suit of the Year: Shutterfly at Discovery Business Campus
- Industrial Tenant Improvement of the Year: Stone Creek Furniture
- Office Build-to-Suit of the Year: DriveTime Corporate Headquarters, Liberty Center at Rio Salado and Marina Heights, Building 500
- Office Tenant Improvement of the Year (75K SF or Less): Mobile Mini Headquarter & Call Center
- Office Tenant Improvement of the Year (75K SF or More): Marina Heights, Building 500
- LEED Certified Project of the Year: Liberty Center at Rio Salado
- Medical Office Project of the Year: Friendship House at Royal Oaks Memory Care
- Mixed-Use Project of the Year: Aspen Place
- Retail Adaptive/Re-Use Project of the Year: The Yard at the Farmer Arts District
- Redevelopment Project of the Year: The Scheduling Institute
- Spec Industrial Project of the Year: 10 West Logistics Center
- Spec Office Project of the Year: Hayden Ferry Lakeside III
- Transaction of the Year: Biltmore Financial Center
- Award of Excellence: Bob Mulhern, Colliers International
- Brokerage House of the Year: CBRE
- Developing Leader of the Year: Ashley Hoffman, Layton Construction
- Principal Member of the Year: Rick Butler, Butler Design Group
- Associate Member of the Year: Eric Wolfe, Chicago Title Agency
- Talk of the Town: Marina Heights, Building 500
- Sign Sponsor of the Year: Trademark Visual, Inc.