RCLCO Real Estate Consulting just released their mid-year 2023 survey of the Top 50 Master-Planned Communities in the country.
You can see the whole report here but some of the key takeaways include:
• Eastmark in Mesa was the only Arizona master-planned community to rank in the Top 50, ranking No. 41.
• The Villages in Florida is once again estimated as the top-selling community in the nation based on their sales pace set in 2022;
• Lakewood Ranch in Sarasota, Fla., claimed the number two spot overall, and is the number one selling all-ages community in the country with 1,227 sales – a 20% increase over the pace set in the first half of 2022;
• Sunterra in Houston, TX has earned the third-place rank with 669 sales – a 26% increase over the same time period last year;
• The Houston MSA was the top-performing metropolitan area with 14 communities in the Top-50, representing over 5,000 sales, or almost 26% of all sales among ranked MPCs;
• The state of Florida represented about 42% of sales among ranked communities, followed by Texas at nearly 38%.
“Master-Planned Communities remain a ‘safe haven’ for consumers amid elevated interest rates, high prices, and fears of a possible recession,” said Karl Pischke, Principal at RCLCO. “Top communities sold 7% more homes in the first half of 2023 compared to the same period last year, when supply chain issues and limited inventories placed significant downward pressure on sales performance. High interest rates and affordability issues continue to be a concern, however most MPC respondents cited optimism for sales potential in the second half of the year.”