Todd Wood, CEO of Christopher Todd Communities, has aggressive growth plans to bring his innovative alternative to traditional apartment living to various neighborhoods in the greater Phoenix area. His company has begun work on its second “horizontal,” luxury, single-family home rental community, located on 99th Avenue just north of Lower Buckeye Road in Phoenix. The company broke ground on its first community, located in Surprise, at the corner of Greenway and Litchfield Roads in March.
“Our concept is different than anything else in the market. Our communities are single-story, single family homes specifically designed for renters. Each home has a backyard – some are 20 feet deep – and every home has smart home technology including keyless door entry, doorbell camera, climate controlled via a smart phone,” noted Wood.
Research shows that Millennials are delaying home purchases due to student loans and challenges finding good-paying jobs. Other research shows that Baby Boomers are opting for the flexibility and freedom that renting provides.
The Christopher Todd Communities development at 99th Avenue and Lower Buckeye Road will have 50 one-bedroom homes and 104-two-bedroom homes, built with a farmhouse architectural theme. The gated community will be professionally managed and will feature lush landscaping, community pool and park, optional detached garages, and will be pet-friendly. The community is expected to open in early 2018. An interest list is now forming at www.ChristopherToddCommunities.com.
Individual Rental Home Features
- Fenced and gated, private patio and backyards with lush landscaping
- 10-foot ceilings
- High-Speed fiber optic internet delivery
- USB plug-ins
- Smart Home technology including digital thermostat, lighting controls, keyless door entry, doorbell with camera – all controlled from a smart phone or tablet app. Optional camera available
- Upgraded kitchen cabinetry
- Luxurious, granite kitchen counter tops
- Kohler “Design makes the difference” kitchen and bath fixtures
- Cultured marble bathroom counter tops
- Stainless steel appliances including: range dishwasher/microwave/refrigerator/washer/dryer
- Upgraded window coverings
- Energy efficient dual pane windows
- Durable and efficient concrete roof tile
- Attractive exterior stone
- Attractive faux wood flooring
“One of the pillars of Christopher Todd Communities is the power of giving back in a meaningful way,” said Wood. The company has created a non-profit 501(c) (3) entity called A New Lease on Life to fund community outreach initiatives. The company has partnered with The Veterans Directory on the first two rental communities, to identify two honorably discharged veterans who will receive rent assistance for three years to help them transition to civilian life. The veteran will be selected based on several qualifications including, but not limited to family, health and educational needs, and ties to the community.
“Through the New Lease on Life program, we are fulfilling the promise that housing is more than just brick and mortar, by giving a deserving family a chance to put down roots. This unique giveback is the cornerstone of our company and we feel very fortunate to be able to give in this meaningful way in Arizona and in each new market where Christopher Todd Communities will build,” added Wood. “From our private gated entrance and lush landscaping to our well-appointed homes and philanthropic commitment, we are creating a new way to live,” noted Wood.