As the Memorial Day holiday approaches and temperatures begin to inevitably soar above the 100-degree mark, Phoenicians are planning their escape for a relaxing weekend out of town – but what about those that simply can’t afford to get away? Between the cost of travel, a hotel room and indulging in in dining out (one of the most significant costs associated with vacations) it can be tough on the pocket book. Enter the Arizona Restaurant Week foodie staycation – where affordable amenities combine with top-notch dining and specially priced menus to create the perfect getaway right here at home.
With just five days left until Arizona’s biggest foodie event begins, Arizona Restaurant Week fans are already logging on, checking menus and dialing fiercely for a reservation at the Valley’s best restaurants. With the lauded week falling on Memorial Day weekend this year, the typically nine-day event has added another 24 hours for fans to squeeze every delicious drop from the occasion. From May 17-26, the Valley’s top restaurants will be offering delectable 3-course menus at just $30 or $40. The bonus – a healthy handful of these restaurants just happen to reside at some of the Valley’s best hotels and resorts. Those staying in town this Memorial Day weekend can beat the blues with a foodie staycation solution at gorgeous properties offering low rates, along with incredible Arizona Restaurant Week menus – examples include:
- The Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs/Different Point of View – Rates starting at $109/night and a $40 Arizona Restaurant Week menu
- Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel/District American Kitchen – Rates as low as $120/night and a $30 Arizona Restaurant Week menu (includes beverage)
- The Hermosa Inn/Lon’s – Rates starting at $199/night and a $40 Arizona Restaurant Week menu
- The Saguaro/Distrito – Rates as low as $199/night and a $30 Arizona Restaurant Week menu
- JW Marriott Camelback Inn/BLT Steak – Rates as low as $223/night and a $40 Arizona Restaurant Week menu
- Scottsdale Fairmont Princess Resort/Bourbon Steak – Rates starting at $229/night and a $40 Arizona Restaurant Week menu
“It’s really a no-brainer,” says Steve Chucri, President of Arizona Restaurant Association.
“I love to travel with my family, but with so many fantastic options for a perfect retreat right here at home, there’s no reason for me to leave the state over the holiday. We’re excited to have added another day to the event this year and we think those in town will make the most of it, as well.”
Already in its ninth season and the brainchild of the Arizona Restaurant Association, Arizona Restaurant Week boasts one of the most successful events of its kind in the nation year-over-year, helping to introduce the state’s brightest and best talent – not to mention the most delectable dishes – to throngs of foodie fans Valley-wide. This season, for the first time ever, fans of Arizona Restaurant Week are able to make reservations right from their phone or tablet via a newly optimized mobile site developed specifically for the 10-day event.
For more information on Arizona Restaurant Week, the restaurants participating and their menus, and to check out the mobile site from your phone, visit www.arizonarestaurantweek.com.