There is a revolution going on in the way people think about health and wellness, and there has been a strong inclination to go back to nature and to use only organic products and none of the synthetic kind. As such, kratom as a tea or capsule has gained a strong following over the years, there are now more people trying out kratom and finding out that it has unique properties and effects. Kratom is a tree that grows in Southeast Asian jungles and it is more abundant in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand where it has been consumed for hundreds of years. Kratom in low concentrations can be a stimulant, and provide a burst of energy for those who drink it. With the more potent concentration, kratom is said to promote relaxation, relieve pain and anxieties, and is a natural sedative. The kratom leaves have been found to contain alkaloids like mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine that are responsible for the sedative and stimulating effect you get from consuming kratom powder regularly. A popular belief among kratom enthusiasts is that different varieties or strains of kratom have different effects too. Thus, to maximize the benefits that you can get from drinking the kratom tea, you need to know the best kratom strains for your specific needs. Although kratom trees are all Mitragyna speciosa the color of the vein in each leaf is what is referred to as the kratom strain. It is said that each vein color can have different concentrations of alkaloids and thus different effects when ingested. There are three veins or strains of the kratom tree, white, green, and red while there are other colors such as yellow which is uncommon. The usual kratom powder sold in most stores in the US is of the green strain as it is the most favored by kratom drinkers. If you plan to start on a kratom journey, then you need to know about the different kratom strains and their effect on the body and mind.
The Red Vein Kratom Strains
The red vein kratom strains are known for their potency and it is favored by the more experienced kratom drinkers. It is usually not recommended for beginners or the occasional drinker as it can have very strong effects. The red vein is the best kratom strain with the highest concentration of alkaloids among the kratom varieties and therefore is more potent and is mainly used for its relaxation effect and as a pain reliever. The alkaloids in red vein kratom mimic that of opioids and react with the brain receptors for opioids thereby providing sedative effects. This strain is very strong and should not be used in large amounts, excessive use can lead to nausea and dizziness.
The White Vein Kratom Strains
The white vein kratom strain is said to be the best kratom strain for those who want to have a boost of energy. It is more likened to that of coffee in that it can stimulate the body to perform at its best for hours with just a cup of kratom tea. This strain is more popular among those who like to keep their energy levels high especially if they have demanding and stressful jobs. It acts as a stimulant but it does not have the jitteriness and palpitations associated with too much caffeine intake. Therefore, these white strains can be a substitute for coffee and it is a lot safer and more effective. As before, beginners should start with a low dosage and work their way through the most optimal dosage for their body’s needs.
The Green Vein Kratom Strains
The green vein kratom strains are the best kratom strain of all time as it is not as strong as the red vein but it can also provide a stimulating effect like the white vein. It is the most widely available kratom powder in the market and many kratom enthusiasts like its blend of relaxing and energy-boosting effects. If you are a beginner to the kratom lifestyle, then the green vein strains are the right one for you to start with. It contains both mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine alkaloids that are responsible for the effects that you get when ingesting kratom powder either through tea or capsules.
The Best Kratom Strain of All Time
Each kratom vein strain also has a variety of strains with very different effects and kratom enthusiasts tend to favor one or two as their regular choice of kratom powder. Here are the top best kratom strains of all time so you can decide which one is more appropriate for your wellness needs.
1. Maeng Da Kratom. This kratom strain is from the jungles of Thailand and is known for a stronger taste and has an abundance of 7-hydroxymitragynine alkaloids which provide a boost of energy as well as giving you clear focus and mind. The red Maeng Da will give you a calming experience while the green and white types will give you that extra energy.
2. Red Bali Kratom. As the name suggests, it is from the island of Bali in Indonesia and can promote intense relaxation. It has been known to alleviate the symptoms of insomnia and improve one’s overall sleeping patterns. It can also provide relief for mild pain and discomfort as well as keep you active and energized.
3. Red Borneo Kratom. This kratom strain is harvested from the island of Borneo which is one of the most diverse forests in the world. This strain is best used for those who suffer from chronic pain, it can effectively relieve pain with those who have arthritis, muscle soreness, and fibromyalgia as it has strong analgesic properties.
4. Green Malay Kratom. This strain is from the jungles of Malaysia and is known for its balanced effects, it is mildly stronger than most green vein strains and promotes relaxation and mood enhancement. This is one of the strains that is said to improve one’s feelings and mindset.
5. Green Borneo Kratom. A variation of the kratom trees that grow in Borneo, this strain is most appropriate for relieving chronic pain and fatigue. It is also soothing and relaxing and its effects can last for at least 6 hours.