To know about ITIL 4, firstly you need to know about ITIL. ITIL is a framework that is globally recognized and world-leading in IT service management and also for the overall service management by delivering business value to companies. This framework has been popular for the last 30 years and has continuously provided the companies with practical and proven guidance so that they can establish IT service management. This framework has been consistent in improving the structure of businesses by delivering IT service management. There are a lot of practitioners of this course worldwide.
Value of ITIL 4
ITIL 4 is a framework that provides a holistic approach to the service management system of IT. This certification focuses on providing end-to-end service management because of demand for business value. It was released in February 2019. It is a support to the organizations and helps them in advancing in the new world of technological advancement. ITIL 4 is an operating model of the delivery of the products and services that are tech-enabled. There are many practical examples provided in the revised and streamlined documentation which make the reading easier for the users.
ITIL V4 certification of the ITIL framework is the advancement of ITIL v3 and it includes advice for the candidates to apply philosophies like Lean and DevOps. Enterprise and businesses have adopted the trend of applying the IT best service management system which is showcased by ITIL 4.
Components of ITIL 4
There are two components of ITIL 4 and they are –
• Four dimension model
• Service value system (SVS)
Certification Scheme of ITIL 4
This certification has been launched in recent years and the certification scheme of this course is streamlined.
1. The entry-level ITIL 4 certification is the Foundation level that introduces the candidates to the terminology and the key points that are involved in ITIL.
2. After the candidates have passed the foundation level, they get to choose between 2 streams. Each of the streams consists of several modules. The two streams are – ITIL 4 Managing Professional and ITIL 4 Strategic Leader.
• When we take into consideration the ITIL 4 Managing Professional stream, it is the one that targets the practitioners of IT who are working within the technological and digital teams across various businesses and enterprises. It consists of 4 modules and they are mentioned below.
• ITIL 4 Specialist Create, Deliver and Support (CDS)
• ITIL 4 Specialist Drive Stakeholder Value (DSV)
• ITIL 4 Specialist High Velocity IT (HVIT)
• ITIL 4 Strategist Direct Plan and Improve (DPI).
• When taking into consideration the ITIL 4 Strategic leader stream, it mainly pays attention to the services that are digitally enabled and on the business strategy. This stream comprises 2 modules and they are listed below.
• ITIL 4 Strategist Direct, Plan and Improve (DPI)
• ITIL 4 Leader Digital and IT Strategy.
• The final level qualification of the ITIL 4 certification is ITIL Master. There is no such training or exam of this level involved in the certification course. To obtain this certification, the candidates would have to showcase extensive practical hands-on experience with the ITIL framework.
The objective of ITIL 4
There are two major objectives of introducing this certification in the ITIL framework and they are –
1. Organizations that need to integrate various approaches and frameworks within their service management systems are provided with a flexible foundation with the help of ITIL 4.
2. This technical advancement has led businesses to advance into a new era that is equipped with digital services. ITIL 4 helps such businesses to navigate their way through this advancement.
Processes of ITIL 4
ITIL v3 majorly revolves around the service lifecycle of the ITIL framework but when we talk about ITIL 4, it involves a proper description of the principles, the concepts and the practices involved in ITIL. This change in the process-oriented approach to a practical approach has enabled the providers of service to adopt operating methods that are flexible. The process that is specified by the ITIL v3 is still valid guidance for the businesses and it does not invalidate the earlier versions of the ITIL framework. The ITIL 4 method is simple and practical and that is becoming more popular because it allows companies to start afresh with the service management process. It keeps things simple to understand and the approach is flexible and adaptive, unlike the ITIL V3 process.
Benefits of ITIL 4
There are many benefits involved for the organizations when they adopt the ITIL 4 framework. Some of them are mentioned below.
• The support digital transformation is delivered with a faster and a flexible service system.
• ITIL 4 provides a better alignment between the services provided by IT and the businesses.
• The integration between software delivery practice and customer support framework has become smoother than before.
• The IT costs and assets now have greater visibility.
• The risk of failure or disruption in service has become easier to manage.
• The customer satisfaction, as well as the delivery services, have improved.
I hope that this article has provided you with all the details you had been looking for and if you are going to opt for the ITIL 4 certification then you must go ahead because having such practical skills is of growing demand in the industry and has helped a lot of people with this certification to get high salary jobs.