CBRE launches Annual PurSuit of Success clothing drive
CBRE will launch its 9th annual PurSuit of Success city-wide business clothing drive on Monday, October 28. The two-week drive, with 23 convenient drop-off locations, runs through Friday, November 8 and benefits women and men in job training programs with much-needed access to professional clothing.
New and gently used items can be donated Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at CBRE’s Phoenix office, located within the Esplanade office campus at 2575 E. Camelback Road, or at one of 23 office buildings throughout the Valley.
This year, the three charity partners of the business clothing drive include:
• Dress for Success, an international not-for-profit that seeks to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
• St. Joseph the Worker, a non-profit which assists the homeless, low-income and other disadvantaged individuals in their efforts to become self-sufficient through quality employment.
• UMOM New Day Centers, an innovative provider of shelter, housing and services for people experiencing homelessness. The organization provides safe shelter and supportive services for over 170 homeless families and offers nearly 300 units of affordable housing across the Valley.
Items that can be donated include:
• Gently used clothing items – Men’s and women’s interview-appropriate suits, shirts, blouses, shoes, professional separates, accessories, scrubs, casual men’s and women’s clothing, junior size and children’s clothing, evening gowns and accessories
• New hygeiene/toiletry products
• New infant care products – Daipers, baby wipes, shampoo, formula, bottles
• New cleaning supplies – Laundry detergent, bleach, dishsoap, all-pourpose cleaner, floor cleaner, disinfectant wipes
• Other new items – Non-perishable microwaveable meals, snacks, dispoable paper goods and cutlery, copy paper, day planners, notebooks, toys and board games
Since 2011, the CBRE Phoenix community has collected more than 25,600 articles of clothing, helping equip hundreds of Valley residents with the skills and apparel needed to work toward financial independence.
For more information and a complete list of accepted items, visit the PurSuit of Success website.