Government of Zimbabwe partners with GlobalMed
GlobalMed®, an international provider of virtual care solutions, today announced it has been selected by the government of Zimbabwe for a United Nations-funded project to provide telemedicine services and equipment at 16 clinics in the country’s Manicaland province.
With many health delivery organizations in Africa already standardized on GlobalMed’s platform, this move cements GlobalMed’s position as the telehealth partner of choice in Africa for sophisticated, evidenced-based projects that require simplicity, scalability and world-class technologies.
The government pilot calls for GlobalMed to deliver complete virtual care equipment and solutions, including mobile exam stations, software application and various medical examination devices, all accessible through one seamless platform.
Participating health providers will utilize GlobalMed’s Transportable Exam Station® (TES), a fully mobile virtual care platform containing a tablet PC. The solution enables video conferencing and stores an array of cameras and medical devices in a rugged, impact-, dust-, and weather-resistant rolling case. The TES works in nearly any environment, is compatible with many connected instruments and features integrated software and hardware.
The project is funded by ITU, a United Nations’ agency based in Geneva, Switzerland, that is working in collaboration with Zimbabwe’s Ministry of Health, the Ministry of ICT and POTRAZ, Zimbabwe’s telecommunication regulatory agency.
For GlobalMed, the project marks the virtual care company’s first large-scale deployment in continental Africa. The pilot will soon be expanded to 96 healthcare facilities throughout Zimbabwe.
Tripshot hires Valley Metro exec, expands into Arizona
Rob Antoniak, the former chief operating officer for Valley Metro who spearheaded a trailblazing partnership between a transit agency and a private autonomous vehicle firm, has joined Next Generation mobility company Tripshot.
Antoniak will run the Silicon Valley-based firm’s new office in downtown Phoenix.
Tripshot has grown rapidly by providing a Who’s Who of tech companies and other private sector organizations with a customizable software package that efficiently manages employees’ commutes through company-owned fleets and mobility services. Antoniak, named Vice President of Business Development & Strategy, will help drive Tripshot’s entrance into new markets, adding public transit to its portfolio.
“Rob talks and people listen. He has a track record of being innovative,” Tripshot COO and Co-Founder Patrick Le said, citing Valley Metro’s Mobility on Demand-efforts and the industry-leading partnership with autonomous vehicle company Waymo to provide a first and last-mile connection for transit riders. “We need more people in transportation pushing outside-the-box solutions.”
HomeSmart launches HomeNearMe.com search tool
HomeSmart International, a technology-powered real estate franchisor, announced the launch of a geo-location based consumer search tool called HomeNearMe.com. As is the case with all other HomeSmart proprietary technology, the application was written entirely in-house and integrated directly into the rest of HomeSmart’s extensive technology platform.
HomeNearMe.com allows users to find properties for sale based on proximity to a user’s smartphone. With a straightforward and simple to use interface, consumers are able to see the properties closest to them without having to search or even know the properties’ addresses. A single refresh of the browser as a user moves through a neighborhood repopulates the page with the closest listings.
All data and photos are sourced from multiple listing services (MLS) around the country. Not only does HomeNearMe.com show HomeSmart listings, it also shows all listings from other MLS participating brokers giving buyers the same listings that agents in the area are looking at in their local MLS.
The properties provided on HomeNearMe.com are not exclusive to a single brokerage.
Shea Homes Arizona wins Builder of the Year
On Saturday, April 13, Shea Homes Arizona was honored with 12 awards, including being named 2019 MAME Awards Builder of the Year at the 34th Annual Major Achievements in Merchandising Excellence (MAME) Awards Competition presented by the Home Builders Association of Central Arizona. This prestigious award competition recognizes the exemplary efforts of builders and land developers; interior designers and architects; and sales managers and sales associates, honoring the best in advertising, design, merchandising and sales of the home building industry.
Shea Homes was a finalist in many categories and a winner in the following twelve categories:
• Best Newspaper Ad – East Valley Tribune – Sunday Brunch (original template courtesy of Red Door Interactive)
• Best Magazine Ad – Luxe Magazine – Azure, Inspired by Paradise
• Best Ad Campaign – Azure
• Best On-Line Banner Ad – Azure, Inspired by Paradise
• Best Virtual Tour – Aperture at Gateway Quarter
• Best Radio Ad – Aloravita, Now Open
• Best Interior Merchandising for Homes From $250,000 to $325,000 – Compass at Recker Pointe, 1012 Capella
• Best Interior Merchandising for Homes Over $1,000,000 – Azure, Residence 3
• Best Detached Product Design for Homes From $250,000 to $325,000 – Compass at Recker Pointe, 1011 Altair
• Best Detached Product Design for Homes From $325,000 to $450,000 – Origin at Gateway Quarter, Plan 7512
• Best Outdoor Merchandising for Homes Under $450,000 and Over – Origin at Gateway Quarter, Plan 7513
• Grand Award – Builder of the Year
“I am so proud of my team’s dedication, commitment and passion for excellence,” said Ken Peterson, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Shea Homes Arizona. “It was an incredible honor for all of us to be recognized as 2019 MAME AWARDS Builder of the Year. We’re committed to the “Shea Difference” which means delivering great customer experiences, designing beautifully functional homes and communities, and maintaining the integrity of the Shea name for more than a century. This award means so much to our Shea family.”
Shea Homes Arizona was honored as a finalist in the following categories:
• Best Magazine Ad – Winter Visitor’s Guide – New Life Chapter (original template courtesy of Red Door Interactive)
• Best Website – AzurePVLiving.com
• Best Radio Ad – Your Dream Home is Waiting
• Best Social Media Campaign – Azure, Renderings to Reality
• Best Sales Office 500 Square Feet or Larger Within a Model – The Reserves at Val Vista
• Best Interior Merchandising for Homes From $250,000 to $325,000 – Aperture at Gateway Quarter, Plan 4013
• Best Interior Merchandising for Homes From $325,000 to $450,000 – Origin at Gateway Quarter, Plan 7513
• Best Interior Merchandising for Homes Over $1,000,000 – Azure, Residence 1
• Best Detached Product Design for Homes Over $1,000,000 – Azure, Residence 4
• Best Attached Product Design for Homes From $250,000 to $500,000 – Carino Villas, Loft 1935
• Best Outdoor Merchandising for Homes $700,000 and Over – Azure, Residence 1
• Salesperson of the Year for a Company Closing 250 or More Homes – Justin Susnik
• Internet Salesperson of the Year – Lori Lamanna
Finally, Shea was also recognized in the following categories: Sales Achievement (19 Community Representatives were recognized for 2018 sales and dollar volume numbers), Administrative Team Member of the Year (Marcella Ramsey, Design Studio Production Coordinator), Construction Team Member of the Year (Kevin Staschke), and Warranty/Quality Assurance Team Member of the Year (Kyle Stiak).