The Arizona Small Business Association (ASBA) next Arizona Speaks event will focus on helping small businesses go global.
With 95 percent of the world’s consumers living outside the United States, it is crucial for small business owners to become knowledgeable about exportation and the great advantage it can have for their business.
“We already know that companies utilizing exporting are 8.5% less likely to go out of business and workers in these jobs receive 18% higher wages,” said Dawn Nagle, executive director of Metro Phoenix Export Alliance (MPEXA). “That’s quite significant. We’ve reached a point where business owners need to not only be more aware of opportunities available to them, but to actually utilize them to their full success.”
Sponsored by SRP and MPEXA, the event, “Increase Sales & Profits, Going Global with Exporting,” will include breakfast and a panel discussion with four top business professionals and experts on the MPEXA network of resources, US government assistance in identifying new markets and international buyers, financial protection on foreign currency fluctuations and financing options, and how AZ based Able Aerospace went from small, to large, to acquisition via exporting services.
- Dawn Nagle, executive director, Metro Phoenix Export Alliance
- Kristian Richardson, director, U.S. Commercial Service Export, Assistance Centers
- Lee Benson, CEO, Able Engineering & Execute to Win
- Mark A. Roberts, VP, Specialty Banking Services Alliance, Bank of Arizona
- Date and Time: Thursday, June 16, 7:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- Location: Tempe Center of the Arts, 700 W. Rio Salado Pkwy, Tempe 85281
- Event Contact: Rhette Baughman, Director, Business Development and Strategy email@example.com
- Registration: $35, Register online at asba.com/events