A free public forum about heart health featuring broadcasts of live surgery, health screenings, patient storytelling and a physician panel question-answer session will be presented by Abrazo Arizona Heart Hospital on Sept. 23.
The multi-media event, A Matter of the Heart Public Forum, will be from 6 to 8:30 p.m. at the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort’s Highland Center, 11111 N 7th St. in Phoenix.
The heart health forum will cover:
- Health screenings, Ask a Nurse, Ask a Physician and educational materials.
- Live broadcast of surgical cases from Abrazo Arizona Heart Hospital
- Advanced cardiovascular techniques and innovative solutions for conditions like heart murmurs, arrhythmia, aortic aneurysms, congestive heart failure and Peripheral Artery Disease
- Patient storytelling in conjunction with the Arizona Republic’s Arizona Storytellers Project
- Question-answer session with heart and vascular specialists
- Complimentary hors d’oeuvres and refreshments.
Dr. Timothy Byrne, market medical director for Cardiology for Abrazo Community Health Network, will be the keynote speaker at the forum.
“Cardiology continues to progress at a rapid pace with new testing, treatments and technologies helping people not only live longer but also remarkably better,’’ Byrne said. “Complex, lifesaving heart valve procedures can be performed now without cracking open a patient’s chest.’’
Despite these advancements, Byrne noted that heart disease remains the No. 1 killer of both men and women in the United States. The Center for Disease Control reports that more than 600,000 Americans die of heart disease each year.
“Health education and disease prevention should be top priorities for patients and their caregivers. At Abrazo Arizona Heart Hospital, we are deeply committed to helping patients and their loved ones understand the risks associated with heart disease so they can seize control of their health,’’ Byrne added.
Abrazo Arizona Heart Hospital, a satellite of Abrazo Arrowhead Campus, is a renowned destination for cardiovascular care. Its team of cardiovascular specialists is dedicated to the study, understanding, advancement and excellence of heart care.
The forum is free to the public, but seating is limited. Individuals can register at AbrazoHealth.com/HeartEvent or by calling 855-292-9355.