Young adult using a smart phone
Stat Doctors App Marks Next Generation in eHealth Delivery
Scottsdale-based Stat Doctors™, a leading eHealth solution providing 24/7/365 access to affordable quality care, developed a mobile app improving health care delivery through high-quality video eVisits. Available for iPad, iPhone and Android smartphones, Stat Doctors Mobile App provides all the features of the computer application and links members with board-certified ER physicians for on-demand treatment of minor illnesses and common medical conditions.
“Health care delivery is shifting rapidly toward an affordable, on-demand model, yet it’s imperative that convenience doesn’t compromise quality,” said Dr. Alan C. Roga, M.D., F.A.C.E.P., founder and CEO of Stat Health Services, the providers of Stat Doctors. “We created a mobile app that goes well beyond other eHealth services, providing a full patient care delivery model and truly exceptional patient experience.”
Utilizing proprietary technology, Stat Doctors Mobile App boasts a combination of industry-leading features.
• With an average wait time of six minutes, patients can use the app to seek treatment for minor illnesses such as respiratory infections, influenza, strep throat and other non-emergency conditions.
• Unlike competitor apps, the entire health care delivery model is available through the app, including high-quality video enabling patients and doctors to communicate as they would in person.
• Doctors can ePrescribe medications, instantly delivering them to the patient’s pharmacy of choice.
• Within 72 hours of every eVisit, a follow-up call is conducted to ensure the patient’s recovery.
• Stat Doctors is the only eHealth service in which patients are treated solely by an exclusive network of board-certified ER physicians.
The American Telemedicine Association estimates more than 10 million Americans directly benefited from telemedicine over the past year, and this number is expected to more than double by 2016. Moreover, according to a January report from comScore, mobile devices accounted for 55 percent of Internet usage in the United States, and apps made up 47 percent of total traffic.
Anticipating the growing demand for mobile health care services, Stat Doctors created a HIPAA-compliant app offering high-quality, secure and immediate care utilizing video.
“The Stat Doctors Mobile App demonstrates our commitment to advance the eHealth category. Not only has our data shown that more than 60 percent of our patients access the service through mobile devices, but the patient experience with video is superior,” said Dr. Roga.
Stat Doctors was founded in 2009 by a proprietary group of board-certified, practicing ER physicians. It’s available as an additional health benefit through employer-provided health insurance coverage and other group plans. Dr. Roga says the company has taken a patient-focused stance since day one.
“The quality of care is second to none. This app makes the service even more convenient for patients, enabling them to receive this high-quality care completely on the go,” he said.
The app is available by searching “Stat Doctors” in the App Store (iOS) and Google Play (Android).
As a national eHealth leader, Stat Doctors will soon launch an app for its network of physicians to further improve the patient experience.
For more information, visit www.statdoctors.com and watch the Stat Doctors Mobile App video here.