Making a business popular on Instagram is a tough thing. With millions of people trying to establish their business through Instagram, it is normal for the small businesses to be using different tricks which can help them gain more attention and more potential customers and boost their marketing strategy using Instagram. One of some tricks of gaining a firmer hold of your brand on Instagram is Instagram account verification.
Now, here are the answers to a few questions that might appear on your mind after hearing this word.
1. What is Instagram Verification?
Instagram verification, means that your Instagram account would be established as the “authentic presence of a notable public figure, celebrity, or global brand.”
2. How can you check if the account is verified?
To see if an account is verified or not, you can check if the account has got a verified badge. It’s a blue seal that appears with a little checkmark next to your username.
3. Which accounts are eligible for the Instagram verification?
You can apply for Instagram verification with either a personal account or a business account. But they must confirm some of the requirements of the network’s Terms of Service and Community Guidelines. According to Instagram, you must be:
1. Obviously, you have to be what you claim to be which is a real person, registered business, or brand.
2. Unique. Instagram says it does not verify general interest accounts like meme roundups. Fan accounts also don’t qualify.
3. If you’re looking to verify your Instagram account, surely your account must be already viewable to everyone. Though some brands have experimented with private Instagram accounts, these accounts do not qualify for verification.
4. You must have all the details completed to let the audience know what you are. It includes a complete bio, profile photo, and at least one post.
5. Instagram stresses that verified accounts must “represent a well-known, highly searched for person, brand, or entity”. Although Facebook verifies the small businesses and industries with the verification, Instagram always prefers to verify the notable accounts which affect the “interest of the masses” or are likely to be “impersonated”.
We all crave validation. And on Instagram, validation is the biggest verification of your business. Instagram Verification helps you to differentiate yourself from the crowd. It also makes it easier to reach the people that matter most to you. If used correctly, it can make you look more trustworthy on social media and can help boost your conversion rates.
4. How to Request Verification for your Instagram Account?
Here is how you can apply to verify your Instagram account.
Step 1: Log in
Log into your account and Make sure you’re logged into the account you want to verify.
Step 2: Request verification
1. Tap the menu icon in the top right corner of your profile.
2. Click the Settings gear icon at the bottom of the screen.
3. Tap Account.
4. Tap Request verification.
Step 3: Confirm your identity
1. Fill in your Instagram account name and complete the following fields:
- Full Name: Your full, legal name, as it appears on your government-issued identification.
- Known As: This could be your name or the name of your company. Use the name that people generally know you as.
- Category: You can choose from the different options of the Niches present in the “Category” option. Pick the one that makes the most sense for your Instagram account.
2. You must also upload a copy of your Government-issued photo ID or an official business document. Make sure the name on your document matches the name you entered above.
3. Tap send.
After hitting the “Send” button, Instagram will start reviewing your application. They would consider you on the standards of “authenticity, uniqueness, completeness and notability”.
Some of the Other Tricks to Verify your Account
Here some of the tricks that can be implemented if you do not qualify to get the verification from Instagram.
1. Build other social media sites
It means that if it is tough to get a hold on Instagram, you can try gaining popularity through other social media sites and then come back to put all your efforts together with Instagram. A visual-based platforms like Instagram can get strong connections with Musically and Youtube. Try following these steps:
Build your personality with a consistent voice and theme > Post frequently > Develop great content
2. Stay Active all the times
Interaction is very important. So, Develop your own content which is authentic and interesting and upload your content on regular basis. Follow these steps and makes your account look notable.
Stock up on great photos > Take advantage of Insights > Engage
3. Boost Your Earned Media
If you don’t have a widely recognized brand, there’s nothing to verify outside of Instagram. Make sure that your website and the blog of your brand properly optimize. They must look professional and well-maintained. If you want to grow your online presence faster, you can also consider guest posting on other blogs or sites, especially if they are well-known and respected in your niche. Getting verified will also help you to increase you sales through Instagram.
Verification can become a sign of Authenticity and Notability for the Audience. Another reason being better brand credibility and a stronger social search presence. All these advantages make the verification of the business become an important part of their promotions on Instagram.