PNC Bank opens 2nd Metro Phoenix solution center in Gilbert
PNC Bank introduced its second brick-and-mortar retail banking location in Arizona with the opening of a new Solution Center at San Tan Village, 2050 East Williams Field Road, Suite 101, in Gilbert. The Solution Center, which aims to evolve a typical bank experience, will allow customers to interact with trained staff for individual consultation in new and innovative ways. This is the second of three PNC Solution Centers opening in Phoenix this year.
READ ALSO: Most Influential Women: Cathleen Walker, PNC Bank
The Solution Center will feature:
• PNC ATM and Banking Kiosk – Self-service capabilities for deposits, withdrawals and other bank transactions;
• Advanced Technology – Screen-mirroring capabilities from customers’ phones or tablets, projecting to large plasma screens for hands-on demonstrations of PNC apps or a guided digital experience.
• Workstations of the Future – Flexibility for customers to work with PNC bankers, on tablets or mobile devices, wherever they are most comfortable within the Solution Center.
• Conversational Gathering Spaces – Furniture that feels like home – sofas, high-top kitchen tables and rounded tables – to encourage side-by-side conversations in a relaxed and comfortable setting.
• Video Banking Machines – Enhanced ATMs that allow customers to complete teller transactions during extended hours, 7 days a week, by interacting with a remote banker via an audio and video connection. Customers can make payments to PNC accounts, cash checks, make deposits and talk live with an on-screen banker. This self-service technology allows customers to bank at times that are convenient for them, while still having access to a live banker who can assist with more complex transactions.
“The new San Tan Village location brings our truly unique banking experience even closer to our customers, including our newest customers from BBVA USA,” said Cathleen Walker, PNC regional president of Phoenix and Northern Arizona. “PNC’s Solution Centers address the way our customers bank, which includes an increasing reliance on state-of-the-art technology and the opportunity to interact with knowledgeable staff for discussing financial goals. We’re excited to be growing our business with the conversion of BBVA USA branches in the Phoenix area and across the state, bringing best-in-class technology to all of our customers and a personalized approach to banking to people who live and work in the region.”
The bank’s second Phoenix-area location opens just months following its groundbreaking new Low Cash Mode digital offering, which addresses the $17 billion that some studies estimate that U.S. consumers pay each year in overdraft fees. Through Low Cash Mode, PNC expects to help its customers avoid overdraft fees through unprecedented account transparency and control to manage through low-cash moments or mis-timed payments.
Low Cash Mode is currently available to customers in Arizona through Virtual Wallet®, a best-in-class bank account and money management solution that easily enables consumers to manage their finances. Specifically, Low Cash Mode offers Payment Control – the power to determine whether certain debits (checks and ACH transactions) are processed that otherwise might result in overdrafts; Real-Time Intelligent Alerts; and “Extra Time,” which gives customers time to prevent or address overdrafts before fees are charged. The feature is available to Virtual Wallet customers via the PNC Mobile Banking App on Apple and Android phones.
The pending conversion of PNC’s acquisition of BBVA USA in early October will significantly accelerate PNC’s national expansion strategy and greatly enhances PNC’s opportunities for continued growth in markets including Arizona, where PNC will rank XX in FDIC market share.
Since 2018, Pittsburgh-based PNC has opened 30 Solution Centers in markets including Kansas City, North Texas, Houston, Boston, Nashville and Denver, with plans to open additional locations through the rest of 2021 and beyond.
PNC Bank, National Association, is a member of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. (NYSE: PNC). PNC is one of the largest diversified financial services institutions in the United States, organized around its customers and communities for strong relationships and local delivery of retail and business banking including a full range of lending products; specialized services for corporations and government entities, including corporate banking, real estate finance and asset-based lending; wealth management and asset management. For information about PNC, visit www.pnc.com.