Artificial Intelligence (AI) is becoming more prevalent in all parts of our daily lives. From our everyday digital assistants, such as Siri and Alexa, and our Facebook feed using AI to deliver the most relevant posts, to cars that use AI to aid with safety and even Netflix using AI to provides lists of the movies and shows we might be most interested in viewing. One area where AI is having a rapidly increasing presence is in the workplace. Here are five ways AI is changing the workplace, according to AppZen:
• The hiring process: New AI tools allow companies to better analyze prospective employees’ previous experience, credentials and background, so that hiring managers and HR teams are presented with the best possible matches for job openings.
• Reducing financial fraud and errors: Apps delivers tools for organizations to use AI to audit 100 percent of a company’s spend, reduce travel and entertainment cost fraud, double-check that invoices match the contract terms, catch double payments and audit payments before they go out.
• Communication: Recently introduced artificial intelligence tools are enabling employees to ask for what they might need over email, the web, Slack, etc. and have the systems immediately respond with an appropriate response. The availability of this type of AI-powered tool allows employees such as those in the IT and accounting departments, to stay focused on their tasks and not spend additional time responding to common requests.
• Improved cybersecurity: Companies such as Blue Hexagon are using AI and “deep learning” to detect threats in less than a second with complete threat categorization, analysis and response, meaning that threats can be removed before they impact the organization.
• Improved business analytics: AI can review data and detail important insights, allowing organizations to better track trends, find potential areas of concern and then have comprehensive reports with actionable items.