Your sore throat is worse than ever at 10 a.m. on a Saturday, and you’re afraid it might be strep. Should you head for an urgent care center or an emergency room?
The HonorHealth Medical Group offers Urgent Care at locations throughout the Valley. Urgent Care is less expensive than the emergency room.
Common ailments or injuries that can be treated at HonorHealth Urgent Care include:
• Back pain.
• Boils and abscesses.
• Bites and rashes from insects and animals.
• Cold and flu.
• Cuts and minor burns.
• Flu shots.
• Minor injuries.
• Pink eye.
• School and sports physicals.
• Sprains, strains and breaks.
• Sinus infection.
• Some women’s health needs.
• Sore throats.
• Urinary tract infection.
• Vomiting and diarrhea.
Urgent Care hours are:
• 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday – Friday.
• 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday.
• 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday.
X-ray capability is available at all sites.
What about the emergency room?
If you believe your medical emergency is a condition that’s serious, or could cause death or permanent injury if not treated quickly, go to the emergency room. These conditions could include:
• Chest pain with dizziness, nausea, sweating, shortness of breath or pain radiating to the neck, jaw or arm.
• Loss of consciousness or vision.
• Poisoning or suspected drug overdose.
• Severe abdominal pain.
• Stroke symptoms.
• Traumatic injury to the head, neck or abdomen.
The chart below illustrates the types of injuries and illnesses that can be addressed at two different levels of care: