5 household chemicals you need to dispose of immediately
One fatal mistake that people make is assuming that common household chemicals are not dangerous, simply because they are widely used.
However, research has shown that household chemicals seriously or fatally poison thousands of people every single year.
That’s why learning proper waste removal and how to properly dispose of such products is absolutely key. If you want to ensure that your home is completely safe and that your loved ones are not at risk, consider disposing of these toxic household chemicals immediately.
Antifreeze is widely used to defrost car windshields during the winter months, but it is also one of the most common household poisons, responsible for thousands of injuries and even deaths every year.
The reason why people are switching to alternative products that perform the same function as antifreeze is that antifreeze has a large number of side effects.
Ingesting even a tiny amount of antifreeze can cause severe damage to the heart, liver, kidneys, and other organs, as well as to the central nervous system.
Very few modern cleaning products contain ammonia these days, as we have learned more about how it is one of the most toxic cleaning products you can get.
Being in the same room as ammonia and inhaling it can cause severe irritation to the eyes, lungs, and throat, as well as potential damage to the heart.
If you have ammonia products in your home, consider contacting a qualified rubbish removal service, such as https://www.samedayrubbishremoval.com.au/, to get it out of your home and disposed of.
3. Hydrochloric Acid
The basic rules of household chemical safety dictate that have bottles of hydrochloric acid lying around is not advisable.
However, many people don’t realize that hydrochloric acid is a common component in many household cleaning products.
Hydrochloric acid can be found in sometimes dangerous concentrations in many drain cleaner brands. If you or a loved one gets this on your skin, it can cause severe burns that may require immediate hospitalization.
Hydrochloric acid can also cause permanent damage to the kidneys, liver, and digestive tract.
Phenol is one of those toxic household chemicals that appears in surprising places.
It can be found in certain air freshener brands and has been known to cause severe damage due to the fact that it is absorbed through the skin.
Phenol can cause hives, respiratory collapse, convulsions, and lung damage in humans. This is why the safest thing is to remove any phenol products from your home and avoid buying them in the future.
Diazinon is extremely toxic and can kill humans with minuscule doses. It can be found in a variety of common pesticides, which is why any farmers who choose to use it must stay well away from the spray site.
Direct contact with diazinon can result in the body’s central nervous system shutting down.
If you can smell the pesticide that contains diazinon, that means you are too close to it and are ingesting it. This is a toxic product that should be removed from your home.
Learn About Safer Household Chemicals
Now that you know about the most toxic household chemicals, its time to learn about some better options.
Do you have household chemicals at home that are going to be safe to use?
Make sure to consult our detailed DIY section to learn which products are worth using!