Harkins announces multimillion-dollar Gateway Pavilions remodel
Harkins Theatres, Arizona’s homegrown movie theatre company, announced today extensive upgrades to the Harkins Gateway Pavilions, one of the West Valley’s top-performing theatres. The enhancements are part of the movie exhibitor’s $150 million initiative for its existing theatres company-wide as a continual effort to provide the most state-of-the-art amenities and Ultimate Moviegoing® experience for guests.
“We have the most loyal guests in the industry and we want to show our gratitude by continuing to reinvest in our theatres with upgraded technology and luxurious amenities. At the Gateway Pavilions, we own our land and our building, so it is important to us to continue to deliver for our guests by investing in and positioning this theatre for the long term,” said Mike Bowers, President and CEO of Harkins Theatres.
Construction will begin in 2020 and the theatre will remain open throughout the process. Upgraded amenities include:
• Ultimate Loungers (plush leather, electronic recliners)
• Reserved seating
• New State-of-the-art laser projection systems throughout
• In-lobby bar featuring wine and beer, including local craft favorites
• Elevated hot food offerings featuring Harkins’ Big Screen Burger, Crispy Chicken Sandwich and Artisan Flatbreads, along with Harkins’ expanded concession offerings
• Updated and upgraded lobby finishes and décor
• New CINÉ1® premium large format auditorium featuring: Dolby Atmos® 3D object-based sound; refreshed and upgraded interior finishes throughout; and extra-large video wall entry feature.
For more information, visit Harkins.com.