During its inaugural Scottsdale auction, Ritchie Bros.’ Leake Auctions sold hundreds of vehicles for $17 million. The four-day event was held at Salt River Fields at Talking Stick and attracted thousands of people.
“It was an amazing event, and we couldn’t have done any of it without the support of our wonderful consignors, bidders, spectators, sponsors, and vendors,” said Gary Bennett, General Manager of the Leake collector car auction division of Ritchie Bros. “There were many highlights during our four-day auction, but John Staluppi’s Cars of Dreams collection certainly brought the most excitement. We also set a new world record hammer price for a 1957 Chrysler 300C convertible! We received many positive comments from customers throughout the auction and have proven our ability to bring top dollar for some of the best car collections in the United States.”
The four-day Leake auction included two vehicles sold for charity. A 2020 Gladiator IASO Rubicon Jeep was sold to benefit the Austin Hatcher Foundation, which raises money for pediatric cancer research. The Gladiator sold for US$145,000, with a further US$30,000 raised from private donations from the crowd. A 2020 Indian Springfield Jack Daniel’s motorbike was sold three times during the Leake auction—twice the buyers asked for the motorbike to be sold again—raising a total of US$130,000 to be donated to The Armed Forces YMCA and Jack Daniel’s Operation Ride Home.
Top 10 sales from the Leake auction included (note: all prices include 10% buyer’s premium):
• Lot #643.1 – 2012 Lexus LFA Coupe that sold for US$434,500
• Lot #638.1 – 1957 Chrysler 300C Convertible that sold for US$357,500 *New world record hammer price!
• Lot #642.1 – 1958 Dual-Ghia Hemi Convertible that sold for US$330,000
• Lot #640.1 – 1960 Chrysler 300F Convertible that sold for US$319,000
• Lot #647 – 1957 Desoto Adventurer that sold for US$302,500
• Lot #643 – 1968 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe that sold for US$275,000
• Lot #639.1 – 1959 Chrysler 300E Convertible that sold for US$242,000
• Lot #641 – 1958 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible that sold for US$222,200
• Lot #632 – 1962 Chevrolet Corvette Custom Convertible that sold for US$220,000
• Lot #635 – 1958 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible that sold for US$220,000