Decorating a kitchen may seem like a daunting task but it is not that complicated. There are a few interior design principles to follow in order to ensure you get the kitchen of your dreams. A good kitchen is about extreme functionality matched with amazing design. Here are a few tips to help you get started on decorating your kitchen today.
For reviews on home and kitchen products, check out Best Reviews UK.
Efficient workflow design
The first thing to consider is the kitchen work triangle. It is fundamental to the work flow of any kitchen. An efficient workflow design ensures that the cooker, the refrigerator and the sink are all within close walking distance. This should be the basis for the rest of the kitchen.
“If you can organize your kitchen, you can organize your life.” Louis Parrish
An organized kitchen goes a long way to ensuring functional design. Effective organization does not have to be difficult. It is very simple, once you have taken stock of what you have; all you have to do is find a place for it. A bit of creativity is all you need to make maximum use of the space you have. Here are some ideas;
- You can store on the wall
- You can place baskets over cabinets
- Store vertically
- Use a pullout pantry
- Rolling carts as islands
Once you’ve done everything to ensure your kitchen is an efficient and organized workspace, you can maximize its appearance by doing a few things;
1. Choose an appropriate color palette and stick with it. For smaller kitchens, white works wonders by magnifying what is there. Darker colors shrink the size of the room but can set the mood.
2. Ensure you have bright lighting. Make sure that you have enough light. It makes the kitchen look bright and airy.
3. Mirrors and glass. You can use backdrop mirrors to create the illusion of space. Glass cabinets also enhance that effect. Getting rid of blocky furniture will also help.
4. Choose a design. This is the fun part. You can choose whatever design so long as it conforms to the guidelines above in order to avoid headaches.
A good kitchen is really simple to organize and decorate once you get the basics down.