Phoenix residents can now experience the newly remodeled Walmart Supercenter at 6145 N 35th Ave. as the much-anticipated project is now complete. To celebrate the Walmart upgrades and improvements, Walmart will host a re-grand opening celebration on Friday, August 18, 2023, at 9 a.m.
The festivities include a performance by a local Mariachi band, a Monster Car race and face painting as well as samples from local vendors such as Coke, Pepsi, Frito Lay, Hensley and more. Attendees will also have the opportunity to meet mascots Chester the Cheetah and Tony the Tiger.
The store remodel includes several department transformations and the expansion of innovations that will help customers save time.
Walmart upgrades and Customer-Focused Innovations
Customers will enjoy the following store improvements:
- New Vision Center with An All-New Look and Expanded Collection of Designer Glasses
- Expanded Merchandise Selections Including Housewares, Pets, Fashion Apparel, Hardware, Arts and Crafts, Cosmetics and Grocery
- Updated Pharmacy Including Customer Care Walk-Up Windows and New Digital Information Signs
- Expanded Self-Checkout Area
- New Shopping Carts
- Upgraded Customer Service Center
- Redesigned Deli and Bakery
- Newly Added Grab and Go Convenience Area for Those Last-Minute Snack Items
“We can’t wait for Phoenix customers to see our newly remodeled Supercenter,” said Walmart store manager Evan Albithu. “Walmart is continuously investing in new ways to make shopping easier for our customers. We look forward to seeing their reaction to all the upgrades.”
To reinforce Walmart’s dedication to the communities it serves, the store manager will present $1,000 –to the American Cancer Society.
The Supercenter’s new mural, designed and illustrated by artist, Elyse Whittaker-Paek, is an eye-catching piece that reflects the diversity and local cultures of the Phoenix area, andis part of Walmart’s Community Mural Program, the largest public-facing art installation celebrating communities across America. Walmart’s Community Mural Program is an important part of each store’s transformation and furthers Walmart’s commitment to the local community.
Phoenix’s Walmart transformations are a part of Walmart’s Signature Experience, which seeks to inspire customers and elevate their in-store experience. Upgrades at the PhoenixWalmart Supercenter include:
- Activated corners: Exciting displays are featured at the corners of certain departments to pull customers in and help them touch, feel and become a part of the space, allowing them to discover all that Walmart has to offer.
- Elevated departments: Transformed stores feature displays showcasing products that are out of their boxes so customers can imagine them fitting into their daily lives.
- More space to discover: Walmart has purposefully created more space for customers to explore and discover the breadth and depth of what their local store has to offer.
- Digital touchpoints: These new touchpoints located throughout the store help to communicate to customers the vast range of products and services Walmart offers online through the use of QR codes and digital screens.
- For example, in Walmart’s Pets area, a customer may scan the QR code to find additional dog bed options, learn about Walmart’s pet insurance service options or have a 20-pound bag of kibble delivered to their door.
In addition, the Phoenix Walmart customers can save time and money by shopping when, where, and how they want. The store offers the following innovations:
- Pickup – Walmart’s Pickup option has become a favorite among busy shoppers. It provides the convenience of online shopping and allows them to quickly collect their groceries without stepping out of their vehicles. The best part is that Walmart Grocery Pickup is completely free of charge. Furthermore, customers using SNAP in most states have the option to avail themselves of the pickup service as well.
- Delivery – Walmart’s convenient delivery service is also a hit with customers. Even more, Walmart has now made both pickup and delivery contact free. Express delivery – customers now have the option to have their deliveries made in under two hours.
- Walmart Pay – a touch-free way to pay.
- Walmart+ –Walmart+ is a membership program designed to save our members time and money on their everyday essentials, plus so much more. For us, that means giving them access to great benefits like free delivery from store, free shipping with no minimum order, a Paramount+ Essential subscription, mobile Scan & Go, member pricing on fuel, ability to earn to Walmart Rewards and early access to deals. Walmart+ costs $98 per year and includes a 30-day free trial period. You can sign up or get more information at Walmart.com/plus
To take advantage of these Walmart shopping features, customers can download the Walmart app through Apple Store or Google Play.