The Arizona Restaurant Association’s Arizona Restaurant Week (ARW) is celebrating a decade of deliciousness this year with its 10th annual ARW this Fall.
What began as a yearly week-long celebration has now grown into a bi-annual 10-day foodie extravaganza. The 2017 Spring Arizona Restaurant Week will kick off ten days of dining, May 19-28 with over 150 participating restaurants showcasing three-course, prix-fixe meals for just $33 or $44 per person.
In addition to Spring ARW, the Arizona Restaurant Association will host Arizona Breakfast Weekend from July 27-30 and Fall ARW will be held Sep. 15-24.
Arizona Restaurant Association president and CEO Steve Chucri said, “Arizona Restaurant Week has remained a strong culinary driver to many local chefs and restaurant owners as well as a treasured memory maker for diners. It’s hard to go wrong, and we are delighted to be celebrating ten years of making folks happy.”
The White Chocolate Grill, Roy’s Chandler, District American Kitchen & Wine Bar, Sonata’s Restaurant, Ajo Al’s Mexican Café (4 locations), Salty Sow and Firebirds (3 locations) make up just a small sampling of participating restaurants around the Valley—many more will be added.
To celebrate a decade of delicious in Arizona, diners will have a chance to win big during Fall ARW.
As Arizona Restaurant Week celebrates 10 years, the organization wishes to share 10 awesome things about the annual event:
- In 2008 Arizona Restaurant Week started with 93 participating restaurants in the Fall.
- In 2011, Arizona Restaurant Week expanded to Spring andFall.
- Arizona is rapidly growing as one the top foodie destinations in the country.
- It is estimated that over 3 million people have dined out during the past ten years for Arizona Restaurant Week.
- The official website gets over 1 million unique visits in the weeks leading up to a restaurant week.
- In 2017, over 10 percent of employment in the state is provided by restaurant and foodservice jobs – Arizona leads the nation in job growth potential for this sector.
- Nearly 400 different restaurants have participated in ARW over the past ten years.
- The average restaurant sees about a 20% increase in sales during Arizona Restaurant Week.
- On average, about 60% of participating restaurants opt for a $33 menu while about 40% choose to serve the $44 option.
- Ten restaurants that have participated in every single year of Arizona Restaurant Week since 2008 are: Avanti, Cowboy Ciao, Deseo at the Westin Kierland, Don & Charlies, Firebirds, LON’s at the Hermosa Inn, Roka Akor, Roaring Fork, The Capital Grille (Scottsdale) and The Melting Pot (Scottsdale).