Z’Tejas continues to deliver unmatched deliciousness
Z’Tejas Southwestern Grill has undergone a lot of changes in the last couple of years. But one thing that hasn’t changed is the consistent deliciousness that is served at the Valley’s premier dining destination for Mexican and Southwestern-style cuisine. There isn’t a bad dish on Z’Tejas’ menu and the daily specials are always 10 out of 10 on the deliciousness meter.
A positive change is the return of Z’Tejas’ complimentary cornbread after a two-year absence. The incredible cornbread is baked all day and comes out of the oven piping hot and is served with honey butter in a skillet.
Once you’re done with the cornbread, there are some can’t miss Z’Tejas staples to get you started.
• The tableside guacamole is prepared right in front of you, expertly chopped fresh avocados are combined with tomatoes, red onions, cilantro, jalapeños, shelled pumpkin seeds and Mexican cotija cheese to deliver flavors that will delight even the most discerning guac fan.
• If you want something with a bit more heft and protein, the Green Chile Barbacoa Nachos are piled high with slow-roasted Barbacoa, Monterey Jack cheese, borracho beans, salsa fresca, an amazing green chile sauce and perfectly topped off with sour cream, jalapeños and guacamole.
• Other favorites to get you started are chile pork verde (tomatillos, Anaheim and serrano peppers, Jack cheese, black beans, flour tortillas), Cast Iron Skillet Dumplings (pork, shrimp, garlic, ginger, bell pepper, green onion, wonton wrapper, ginger soy sauce) and tortilla soup.
That’s what you’ll love about Z’Tejas — you’ve hit a high note on the deliciousness meter and you haven’t even dived into the main courses yet. But here are some highlights when you do:
• The Crispy Salmon is described at “gluten free-ish” and is served with crab, tomato, avocado salad, roasted tomatillo sauce, saffron green chile rice, seasonal vegetables and a healthy dose of yum that should not be missed.
• The Diablo Pasta is one of Z’Tejas’ signature dishes and you will quickly understand why. It’s a perfect blend of spinach and red pepper linguine, spicy cream sauce, Cotija cheese and jalapeños that has just the right amount of kick without delivering a knockout punch.
• There are only four words needed to describe the Five-Cheese Macaroni and Achiote Chicken: Best comfort food ever.
• If you want something inspired by Mexico, you cannot go wrong with the Santa Fe Chicken Enchiladas, which features house-smoked chicken, red chile sauce, Jack cheese, saffron green chile rice and black beans. The Baja Fish Tacos, Street Tacos and Smothered Chicken Burrito are cannot-miss choices, too.
• A sleeper on the menu is the Chorizo Stuffed Pork Tenderloin (pork tenderloin, chorizo, poblano, jack, garlic, sour cream, green chile garlic mash, seasonal vegetables. If you order it, don’t let anyone else at your table try it or you’ll never get it back.
There’s a reason Z’Tejas has been a Valley favorite for almost 30 years. Z’Tejas’ staff uses the the freshest ingredients to creat innovative dishes that are overflowing with flavor in their scratch kitchens. That’s a recipe for memorable dining experiences and Z’Tejas follows that recipe brilliantly.
Z’Tejas Southwestern Grill locations
• 7221 W. Ray Rd., Chandler, AZ 85226
• 10625 N. Tatum Blvd., Phoenix, AZ 85028
Note: Z’Tejas is open daily for lunch and dinner and on weekends for brunch/lunch and dinner.