Survey: 74% of Netflix users don’t have enough time to get 7 hours of sleep
In May 2020, Sleep Standards surveyed 1,032 respondents across the United States on how Netflix affects their sleep. The results reveal interesting data from factors that prevent Americans from a good night’s sleep to Netflix routine.
Here are some of the highlights from the survey:
• Up to 99.1% of Americans have a Netflix account that they watch every day.
• 74.98% of Netflix users don’t have enough time to get at least 7 hours of sleep every day
• 54.8% of Americans confirmed that they watch Netflix in their bedroom.
• Americans spend an average of 1 to 3 hours per day watching Netflix.
• 82.39% of Millennials have admitted to binge-watching Netflix for more than 5 hours on occasion.
• During the COVID-19 quarantine, 39% of Americans prefer to watch Netflix while 22% prefer to get more sleep.
• 7.3% of Americans prefer drugs, CBD oil, or other sleep supplements to get more sleep after binge-watching Netflix.
• Besides “Coronavirus, Explained”, “Tiger King” is the second most likely show to make Americans lose sleep during the pandemic.