Get an in-depth look at the current trends in commercial and residential real estate and the hospitality industry in Tempe, with “City of Tempe – Fueling the Economy” panel discussion. City of Tempe – Fueling the Economy takes place Sept. 23, 2021, at Tempe Center for the Arts, at 700 W. Rio Salado Parkway, Tempe, and starts at 3 p.m. Get tickets here.
Mayor Woods will share information about the City’s efforts to create affordable housing, its recent real estate acquisitions, Hometown for All, and Tempe’s holistic approach to economic development. “Business, housing, workforce and development all need to support each other for the benefit of the community,” said Tempe Mayor Corey Woods.
Nearly 20 industry experts will give their opinions on industry trends, such as subleasing, Class A commercial demand and how the pandemic will affect the future for tourism, hospitality and in-person work.
• Industry insiders will provide expert insight into the robust developments that are happening now and through the coming years.
• Mayor Corey Woods will provide a future-looking overview of Tempe’s business, development and housing opportunities.
The last couple years saw Tempe pivot from a university town into the Valley’s second largest urban center, but rapid change brings not just economic success but also challenges. To provide an in-depth look at the health and current trends in commercial and residential real estate. AZ Big Media and the City of Tempe are proud to present the Fueling the Economy: The City of Tempe. This trio of panel discussions will examine three important issues facing Tempe today: development, hospitality and housing.
The first discussion will focus on development. Guests will hear first-hand information from a panel of industry experts with decades of experience in the Valley’s commercial real estate. Key topics will include the changing demands of office development and subleasing post-pandemic, growth challenges in a landlocked city, increasing land costs and its effect on redevelopment and the hottest new projects under development and in the pipeline. You won’t want to miss this lively and informative discussion!
Meet the Experts: Development Panel
• Donna Kennedy, economic development director, City of Tempe
• Mike Petrivelli, associate director of market analytics, CoStar Group
• David Krumwiede, senior executive vice president, LPC Desert West
• Charley Freericks, senior vice president, Catellus
• Jarett Brock, vice president and director, Cousins Properties
• George Forristall, director of real estate development, Mortenson