Buying or selling a home is a big process as well as a major life decision. There is so much to do from financing to packing there are a million things to do. So how can you make the process a little bit easier as well as get the most out of your home? Below we will tell you everything that you need to know.
Getting the most out of your home
Obviously, when selling your home you are going to want the most out of it profit-wise. So what are a couple of tips that could have you earning those extra tips? Let’s take a look out of this.
• Keep your receipts on any repairs- Did you just get a new roof? Or maybe new plumbing. You want to make sure that the new owners are going to know if you had any major repairs or added anything. Since sometimes roofs and pipes come with a warranty
• Know your local market- Knowing the local market will help you out a lot when trying to sell your home. You not only will get an idea of what other homes are going to sell for in your area. You can also see what you can do to improve your home.
• Choose the right time to sell your home- Selling your home is actually better in a certain part of the year. Studies have shown that selling your home in the summertime will have a quicker and better chance of your home being sold. The reason why is that with school being out people are looking for a fresh start and with life being less busy for some during the summer that just makes it the perfect time to sell.
• Hire a fantastic realtor- Hiring a realtor isn’t just an everyday task. You should really take the time to find a realtor who is going to be compatible with you.
Timeline of selling your home
We recommend you take the time to really not only looking at your finances but to look at your home. What can you do to add value and what can you do to make the process a lot easier?
• Find a good realtor that you click with.
• Make a plan– Set up a plan with your realtor and prioritize what’s the most important and where do you need to start. It will save a lot of time.
• Declutter– Figure out what you will want and what you no longer want. Pack it up and get rid of it. Or consider donating it to a local charity.
2-3 months before listing
• Hire an inspector- Hiring an inspector will allow you to know where you need repairs and what you need to do in order to be most successful in selling your home in the repairs section. It should be noted that if your home does not meet the expectations of the inspector/prospective clients your home may not sell quickly or at all.
• Repairs- Tackling any repairs that you might have is essential. Remember you would not want to move into a home that needed a bunch of repairs unless you’re selling a house as is. It is important to remember that you need to save all your receipts that way when you do list your home you can show what was just repaired. You may even be able to add to the value of the home.
30 to 60 days before listing
• Photo staging- One of the most important parts of selling your house is the staging part. For this part it is very important that you get your home in tip top shape to look picture perfect.
• Deep clean- It is recommended that you deep clean your home before you list it scrub every corner. We recommend that you hire a cleaning crew for your carpets and hard to get places.
Selling your home should not be a nightmare following these simple steps and tips will make it so much easier for you when it comes time to sell your home. Do not stress out about it as it just breath and enjoy this new chapter in your life.