One of the most popular platforms responsible for the sharing economy boom, Airbnb, already boasts over 200 million users, guests of the structures on the site.
Being an Airbnb host does not just mean providing a place to sleep. On the contrary, you have to consider the entire experience of your guest. And since each host has over 3 million direct competitors, differentiation is more important than ever.
Becoming a Host is an important responsibility; you have to give your guestthe experience of being home.
Airbnb offers general insurance which, however, does not cover every type of damage.
In fact, it is very important that you can make your own insurance for your home.
What should you do if you are a homeowner?
If you are a home owner then having comprehensive home insurance will be a good idea. But make sure you must have to update your home insurance provider that properties are being used as a host property via Airbnb.
As specialist AA Home Insurance takes note of, it’s imperative to set up for the unforeseen. Regardless of how cautious you are, there is always a hazard that crooks will focus your property, and you must have money related assurance set up if it is.
The Airbnb platform provides insurance but does not obviously cover all types of damage and by relying on your own home insurance, you can instead choose what interests you most.
The comfort for a stay “like at home”
When you decide to promote your holiday home on Airbnb, the portal helps you to clarify what the property can or cannot offer.
We offer you a summary of the most important elements to attract guests and ensure that they enjoy their stay in your home to the fullest!
Whether you’re offering a private room or an entire castle makes little difference: all Airbnb should offer these basic elements:
- Freshly washed and neatly arranged bed linen.
- Clean and in good condition towels for each guest.
- A fully equipped kitchen so that guests can prepare meals
- Toilet paper
- Bathroom items such as shower gel and shampoo
- Hot water
- Air conditioning and / or heating, when needed
- A large quantity of clothes hangers
- TV (cable or Netflix, Sky, etc..)
- WiFi Internet
- Washing machine with special detergent
- Private access to the house
- Extra pillows and blankets (just in case)
EVERYTHING FOR COOKING
For many holiday guests, the best part of not booking a hotel is being able to cook after a long day of tourism. Help your guests prepare their favorite recipes in their “home away from home” with:
- Basic elements for cooking such as pots and pans, oil, salt, pepper, and other spices and herbs such as oregano, parsley, basil, sage, chili pepper.
- Dishes (sufficient for at least the maximum number of guests allowed in the house)
- Refrigerator and freezer
- Coffee / mocha machine
- Sponges and dishwashing liquid
FOR LOVERS OF THE OPEN AIR
Offer guests some entertainment in the outdoor spaces of your Airbnb with these elements:
- Resistant outdoor furniture
- A barbecue or grill that is clean and ready to use
- Neat garden or courtyard with lawn cut
- Neat balcony or patio
ACCESSIBILITY FOR ALL
There are more and more holiday homes suitable for people with mobility problems. Make sure these guests can consider your property by adding:
- Wide, obstacle-free corridors for easy access for wheelchair users (at least 91cm on the ground floor)
- Access to the house without stairs
- Elevator that measures at least 90 cm in width
- Bathroom with shower not raised above the ground
- Well lit entrance
- Large entrance (at least 90 cm)
- Floor flat and free from obstacles (without slopes)
- Ample parking or reserved for people with disabilities
- Handrails (fixed or removable) that facilitate movements
SAFETY FIRST OF ALL
It doesn’t matter if your Airbnb is hosting a single traveller or a group. This is without a doubt a fundamental part when you decide to rent your property. Make sure guests feel safe by adding items like:
- Fire extinguisher
- Fire blanket
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Smoke detector
- First aid kit
- Security closures for windows