Investor activity and home flipping are at the highest level since The Great Recession, but economists see the market beginning to cool off. However, the Phoenix area is still a safer investment than most. What makes it so attractive? A combination of employment rate, population growth and affordability combined with home listing and sales data.
Specifically, about 19.5% of all sales in the Phoenix area are flips, up 4.5% from the same period a year earlier—the largest percentage of any of the metros in the top 10.
Median home sale price: $275,800
Percentage of investment property sales: 15.1%
Here is full the full list of top 10 best markets for investors:
1. St. Louis, Mo.
2. Birmingham-Hoover, Ala.
3. Miami-Fort Lauderdale-West Palm Beach, Fla.
4. Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, Fla.
5. Memphis, Tenn.
6. Las Vegas-Henderson-Paradise, Nev.
7. Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, Ariz.
8. Orlando-Kissemmee-Sanford, Fla.
9. Columbus, Ohio
10. Philadelphia-Camden-Wilmington, Pa.