The Progressive Group of Insurance Companies plans to fill nearly 1,400 jobs across the country by the end of 2015, including 150 new jobs in Phoenix. Positions include IT, Analyst, Call Center, Claims and Corporate roles and span locations from Austin, Texas to its headquarters in Mayfield Village, Ohio. Progressive has consistently been named a top workplace in Cleveland, Tampa, and Austin, and it was named to Glassdoor’s List of Top Companies for Culture & Values in 2014.
Progressive has also been recognized as a leader in the IT and tech fields, having recently been featured on the CIO 100 list for the 12th time. The annual award program recognizes organizations around the world that exemplify the highest level of operational and strategic excellence in information technology. This year’s win was attributed to Progressive’s Business Innovation Garage (BIG), an internal think-tank for innovating products and services. BIG exists in a virtual testing environment, and brings together partners across the company to collect and cultivate business solutions, with the end goal of exploring and testing new ideas.
“We pride ourselves on our culture of innovation and experimentation and we’re confident that potential candidates can see that through projects like BIG,” said Neil Lenane, national recruiting director at Progressive. “We recently conducted a survey with Wakefield Research that found the majority of millennials in IT are more swayed by a job that interests them than the location of the job or even the salary – we’ve addressed this all along by allowing our employees the flexibility to work on projects they’re passionate about.”
Positions are available across the country, including Progressive’s major locations in Ohio, Colorado, Florida, Texas, Arizona, and California, with IT and Analyst positions focused on Big Data projects concentrated in Cleveland and Colorado Springs. There are also ETS positions available, which involve working with the Enterprise Technology Services team and include roles such as System Engineers and Software Developers.
Flexible work arrangements, including working from home and compressed work weeks; performance bonuses; a casual dress code; on-site medical facilities for employees and their families at select locations; and fitness centers at select locations are just some of the amenities that Progressive offers. All positions offer paid training. In addition, employees also receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits.
Progressive employees also enjoy:
- Aerobics, spinning and yoga classes, along with access to discounted Weight Watchers® at select locations
- Vitality Wellness Program – an interactive and personalized wellness program that makes it easy for you to live your healthiest life
- Access to eight Employee Resource Groups. ERG’s are employee-run organizations with common interests or backgrounds, like the LGBT community or young professionals, but that are open to all
- A world-renowned contemporary art collection
- Potential bonuses based on company performance
- Parenting resources, such as a Child/Adult Care Flexible Spending Account, maternity services, adoption assistance, and Resources For Living – a program of free services which includes an Employee Assistance Program and Worklife Services.
- Employee-organized running clubs at select locations