Velocity Retail Group, LLC completed eight transactions in September. A summary of each transaction follows:
- Michael Clark and Dave Cheatham of Velocity Retail Group represented the landlord, Accelerated Development Services and Wadsworth Development in a 20-year ground lease of 1.73 acres located at the SWC of Gilbert and Germann in Chandler. The Tenant, First Choice ER, was represented by Todd Folger of CBRE in Phoenix. The tenant plans to build an approximate 6,500 SF facility, and be open for business by second quarter of 2014.
- Goodwill of Central Arizona finalized a 25,000 SF build-to-suit lease with DTD Devco 12, LLC, an entity controlled by Desert Troon Companies, at Watson Marketplace, 441 South Watson Road in Buckeye. Andy Kroot of Velocity Retail Group represented the tenant.
- Take or Bake Pizza has chosen Agua Fria Towne Center at the NEC of Camelback Road and Loop 101 for its first Phoenix location. The tenant leased 1,100 SF from Oak Tree Three Investments, LLC in a new five-year deal. Nick DeDona with Strategic Retail Group represented the tenant. Judi Butterworth and Nick Ault of Velocity Retail Group represented the landlord.
- Velocity Retail’s Dave Cheatham and Nick Ault represented the tenant, My Pigsty in the lease of a 34,000 SF space at Chandler Pavillions II on the SEC of Harrison and 54th Street in Chandler. The landlord, MDI 154, LLC was represented by Mike Polachek of SRS Real Estate Partners. The space was previously occupied by Ultimate Electronics.
- Judi Butterworth and Nick Ault represented the landlord, Shambhala Development, LLC in two separate lease transactions totaling 4,204 SF at the Peoria Plaza Shopping Center, located at the SWC of Union Hills and 91st Avenue in Peoria. Westbrook Animal Hospital leased a 3,004 SF space and was represented by John Appelbe of Cassidy Turley. In a second transaction, Awen’s Day Spa leased 1,200 SF.
- NextCare Arizona, LLC leased a 4,086 SF space at 8101 N. 19th Ave., Suite A, in Phoenix. The landlord, Kling/Stong Trust was represented by Andy Kroot of Velocity Retail, and the tenant was represented by Ed Beeh and Robbie Petty of SRS Real Estate Partners. The space was formerly an O’Reilly Auto Parts Store.
- Rod Works leased a 2,488 SF space at The Shops at Norterra, located at 2480 W. Happy Valley Rd., Phoenix. Velocity Retail Group’s Jim Edwards and Larry Miller represented the tenant. The landlord, RED Development/USAA, was represented by Heather Randall of RED Development in Phoenix. This will be Rod Works second valley location, and is set to open in November of this year.