It’s almost Black Friday – get ready for crowded malls, packed parking lots and maybe even a bit of elbowing for that amazing deal.
The malls will be teeming with eager shoppers hungry for a deal, especially since the National Retail Federation predicted a holiday sales increase of 2.3 percent this year. That’s a big bump since last year there was only a .4 percent holiday sales increase.
Most, if not all, major chains are slashing prices in an attempt to boost this year’s retail sales. Some stores are even keeping their Black Friday deals going through the weekend or they’re open Thanksgiving Day.
Apple’s having Cyber Monday sales on Black Friday. Apple announced at one-day shopping event on Black Friday for the online store only. The announcement says: “You’ll find dozens of great iPad, iPod, and Mac gifts for everyone on your list.”
Open: 4 a.m.
- All remote-controlled helicopters are 60 percent off.
- Selected bedding is 60 to 70 percent off.
- Stock up on selected Christmas ornaments that are 50 percent off.
Open: Shop online Thanksgiving Day until 2 p.m. Stores open at 3 a.m. on Black Friday.
- Half off selected Fisher-Price, Playskool, Barbie and other children’s toys.
- Selected fashion jewelry 50 to 60 percent off.
- Save more than 50 percent on selected cookware sets.
Open: 5 a.m. – But, to get these deals tickets will be handed out starting 2 hours prior to open. Tickets are necessary to buy certain products.
- Save $1,000 on an LG washer and dryer set.
- Save $25 on several EA Sports Xbox360 and PS3 games.
- Save $30 on Wii consoles.
See the deals
Open: 4 a.m.
- Target is being rather tight-lipped about their Black Friday deals. All we know is Target’s having a two-day sale, Nov. 26 and 27, and you can sign up to get an e-mail alert about the Black Friday deals. You can also get alerts for Target’s Cyber Monday deals. But don’t worry if you forget, we’ll remind you again.
For those who just can’t wait until Friday, Kmart and Sears are open Thanksgiving Day at 7 a.m. and 6 a.m., respectively.
Open: 5 a.m. (Note: “Blue” Friday deals last from 5 – 11 a.m.)
- Six-foot Christmas tree for $19.99.
- Billiard or air hockey table with table tennis attachment for $189.99.
- Kids’ graphic tees for $2.99.
Open: 12:01 a.m. Nov. 25 (Yes, that’s one minute after midnight on Thanksgiving) online. 5 a.m. Nov. 26 in stores.
- DeWalt cordless drill with case for $99.
- Frigidaire eight-bottle wine cooler for $49.
- Skil 10-inch compound miter saw for $59.
- Deals valid from Nov. 26 – 29.