The Arizona chapter of NAIOP honored developers, projects and brokers at its 2016 Best of NAIOP awards.
This year, Grady Gammage Jr., a real estate and zoning attorney who was a founder of Gammage & Burnham, received the Award of Excellence at the ceremony, which was held at the Arizona Biltmore.
Gammage has had a long career, which includes real estate development, holding elected office, practicing as a lawyer and authoring books. Currently, Gammage is a senior Fellow at Arizona State University’s Morrison Institute, the Kyl Center for Water Policy, and a Senior Scholar at the Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability.
NAIOP Arizona’s Award of Excellence is awarded by the Arizona Chapter Board of Directors on an annual basis at the Best of NAIOP event. The criteria for the recipient is an individual who has made a significant, positive impact on the office and industrial commercial real estate market in Arizona over a period of no less than 15 years, as well as their direct volunteer contribution to the chapter.
The 2016 Best of NAIOP winners:
- Owner/Developer of the Year: Liberty Property Trust
- Firm of the Year: Ryan Companies US, Inc.
- Brokerage Firm of the Year: JLL
- Architect of the Year: Butler Design Group
- Interior Architect of the Year: McCarthy Nordburg, Ltd.
- General Contractor of the Year: Willmeng Construction
- Tenant Improvement Contractor of the Year: LGE Design Build
- Official Sign Sponsor: Trademark
- Office Broker of the Year: Todd Noel and Ryan Timpani, Colliers International
- Industrial Broker of the Year: Pat Feeney, Dan Calihan and Rusty Kennedy, CBRE
- Retail Broker of the Year: Jami Savage-Gray, CBRE
- Investment Broker of the Year: Barry Gabel, CBRE
- Healthcare Broker of the Year: Kate Morris and Vince Femiano, CBRE
- Tenant Representative Broker of the Year: Todd Noel, Colliers International
- Emerging Broker of the Year: Michael Strittmatter, CBRE
- Rookie Broker of the Year: Jamie Swirtz, CBRE
- Developing Leader of the Year: Candace Rosauro, JOKAKE Construction
- Principal Member of the Year: Andrew Cheney, Lee & Associates Arizona
- Associate Member of the Year: Kirk Fonfara, Kimley-Horn
- Industrial Build-to-Suit of the Year: REI
- Industrial Tenant Improvement of the Year: OHL/Geodis Tenant Improvement
- Office Build-to-Suit of the Year: Marina Heights – Buildings 300, 400, 450
- Office Tenant Improvement of the Year (50K SF or Less): Matson Money
- Office Tenant Improvement of the Year (51K SF or More): Banner Health Corporate Headquarters
- Economic Impact Project of the Year: SkySong, The ASU Scottsdale Innovation Center
- Sustainable Project of the Year: REI
- Medical Office Project of the Year: La Ronde Center
- Retail Project of the Year: The Colony
- Redevelopment Project of the Year: Luhrs City Center
- Spec Industrial Project of the Year: Liberty Center at Rio Salado Industrial Building
- Spec Office Project of the Year: SkySong, The ASU Scottsdale Innovation Center
- Transaction of the Year: Scottsdale Landing (formerly Perimeter Gateway I, II, III and V) and Terra Verde
- Talk of the Town: Grand Canyon University Phoenix Campus Expansion