Do you want to try your hand at running your very own e-commerce store? Whether you’re looking to earn a full-time income from this venture or whether you’d prefer to treat it as a side hustle, for the time being, you should definitely heed the advice laid out below.
Here are three top tips you should be taking note of if you want to succeed as an e-commerce business owner:
Tend to the wants and needs of your customers
To ensure that you provide each and every one of your consumers with a quality online shopping experience, you need to think about what it is they want from stores in your industry. Putting yourself in their shoes will make it easier for you to tailor your goods and content around them.
Here are a few things that you must do if you want to tend to the wants and needs of your target customer base:
• Stop thinking about what’s important to you, and started thinking about what your customers want, expect, and appreciate
• Take some time to study the areas (both of the physical and virtual varieties) in which your target audience members spend the majority of their time, and then do your best to advertise your services in these areas
• Actively listen to what they have to say, ask them questions about themselves and their experiences with your company, and provide them with insightful recommendations
Don’t be afraid to ask for help
Your online store might be your brainchild, but that doesn’t make it a one-man-band. If you want to take your e-commerce business right to the very pinnacle of its industry, you cannot be afraid to ask for help from time to time.
Should you ever come face-to-face with a hurdle that you haven’t been forced to overcome before, you should have no qualms in aligning yourself with a professional that has the knowledge, skill set and experience required to undertake the challenge in question. This is particularly important when it comes to promoting your business — just one, a small mistake has the potential to ruin your whole advertisement strategy, which is why you must align yourself with a marketing ecommerce agency. With this type of professional by your side, you will be sure to run effective marketing campaigns that evolve with your online store as it scales its industry.
Cross-target through social media
Cross-targeting through social media is one of the best things that you can do to expand your reach in the competitive digital climate of today. Successfully managing to undertake this crucial task will help you to promote your online store across several platforms, and it will help you to create targeted content that actively reduces your user bounce rate.
If you have tried and failed to cross-target members of your audience through the use of social media in the past, be sure to put the following advice into practice:
• Find your highest performing In-Market Segments using Google Analytics
• Target your audience members on Facebook using the platform’s patented engagement tools
• Use LinkedIn when performing keyword research
Ryan Flannagan is the Founder & CEO of Nuanced Media, an international e-commerce marketing agency. Nuanced has sold $250,000,000+ online and Ryan has built a client base representing a total revenue of over 1.5 billion dollars. Ryan is a published author who has contributed to numerous publications. To connect with Ryan, check out @Ryanflannagan on Twitter via Linkedin.