Telemedicine will be showcased at Phoenix event
In response to the great success of the first Telemedicine and Telehealth Service Provider Showcase (SPS) in October 2014, the award-winning Arizona Telemedicine Program (ATP) is organizing the second SPS, to be held June 21-22 at the Hyatt Regency in Downtown Phoenix.
SPS 2016 will focus on building partnerships for bringing quality medical specialty services directly into hospitals, clinics, private practices, schools and other entities, even patients’ homes. The goals are to improve patient care and outcomes and to increase market share for both health-care providers and telehealth service providers they partner with.
“Telehealth services are a rapidly growing segment of the telemedicine industry, with hundreds of millions of dollars invested in service provider start-ups,” said Ronald S. Weinstein, MD, ATP director. “This is the only national meeting specifically focused on clinical telehealth services.”
The ATP has confirmed a roster of nationally known health-care leaders and innovators as speakers, including:
- Richard S. Bakalar, MD, managing director, Advisory Services in Healthcare Solutions, KPMG, LLP
- Pat Basu, MD, MBA, chief medical officer and president, Doctor On Demand
- Daniel J. Derksen, MD, director, Arizona Center for Rural Health, University of Arizona Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health
- James J. Dickson, MBA, chief executive officer/administrator, Copper Queen Community Hospital
- Alexis S. Gilroy, JD, partner, Jones Day
- Mario Gutierrez, MPH, executive director, Center for Connected Health Policy
- Kristi Henderson, DNP, vice president of Virtual Care and Innovation, Seton Healthcare Family
- Raymond T. Hino, MPA, FACHE, president and chief executive officer, Sonoma West Medical Center
- B. Tilman Jolly, MD, FACEP, chief medical officer, Specialists On Call
- Kofi Jones, vice president, public relations and government affairs, American Well
- Isabelle C. Kopec, MD, vice president of medical affairs, Advanced ICU Care
- Nathaniel Lacktman, JD, partner, Foley & Lardner LLP
- Steven Lee, OD, co-founder/chief science officer, Opternative
- Jonathan Linkous, MPA, chief executive officer, American Telemedicine Association
- Samir Malik, senior vice president/general manager, Genoa Telepsychiatry
- James R. Mault, MD, FACS, vice president and chief medical officer, Qualcomm Life
- Randall S. Moore, MD, MBA, president, Mercy Virtual
- Alan Pitt, MD, chief medical officer, Avizia
- Mary Ellen Pratt, MHA, FACHE, chief executive officer, St. James Parish Hospital
- Jay H. Sanders, MD, FACP, FACAAI, FATA, president and chief executive officer, The Global Telemedicine Group
- Tarik Shaheen, MD, child psychiatrist and founder, Iris Telehealth
- Gigi Sorenson, RN, MSN, system director, Telehealth and Community Connected Care, Northern Arizona Healthcare
- Mark M. Tomaino, MBA, JD, senior industry executive, Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe
- Ronald S. Weinstein, MD, FCAP, FATA, director, Arizona Telemedicine Program
Through presentations, panels and roundtables featuring these and other speakers, attendees will receive a wealth of practical information for both health-care providers and best-of-breed telehealth service vendors.
Talks and discussions will cover four areas over the two-day conference: winning telehealth strategies, succeeding as a service provider, finding the perfect partner and negotiating legal and policy hurdles, and integrating remote teleproviders into organizations.
Offering a broad array of telemedical specialty services and models in a single expo hall, SPS 2016 will provide a forum for networking and for seeing and discussing the latest trends in clinical telehealth.
The convention is co-hosted by the ATP, the Southwest Telehealth Resource Center, and the Four Corners Telehealth Consortium, which includes the University of Arizona Health Sciences, University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center and Utah Telehealth Network.
SPS 2016 registration now is open; more information is at www.TTSPSworld.com