Bank accounts are a fundamental necessity to live and work in the UAE. Most companies transfer salaries directly into the bank accounts. You also get various discounts at local shops, restaurants and businesses that are exclusive to the banks. For most though, going to the bank to open a bank account in UAE can be bothersome, especially for working individuals.
The mobile banking app is the easiest way to open a bank account online. It is fast, efficient and saves time and effort. In less than a minute, you get your personal account. Best perhaps is that you can use the online bank account opening service at any time.
Which Banks Offer this Service?
The most popular types of bank accounts are current and savings. You do need to investigate the different banks, however, as each provides diverse features such as:
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD) – no minimum balance and no need to transfer your salary. Also, get free remittances to home countries and free ATM withdrawals.
Emirates NBD – the most interesting feature is the ability to withdraw money without the use of an ATM card.
First Abu Dhabi Bank (FAB) – exclusive accounts that can be opened instantly like Elite, Etihad, Personal Account, Islamic Current Account and the FAB One Account. You also can transfer money via SMS, which is unusual.
Mashreq Bank – is the only bank that pays you for signing up. Get up to Dhs. 2000 as a joining bonus. Another unusual thing is that you get a checkbook with the account.
How to Use Mobile Banking App for Opening a Bank Account?
While most mobile banking apps provide the basic features of sending and receiving money, checking your balance, shopping online and so forth. A few elite banking apps give you the power to open a bank account online UAE. These innovative apps, on average, take between 30 seconds to one minute for the online bank account opening process.
Steps to open an account online:
1. Download the app of your chosen bank from either the Apple App Store, Google Play Store or Huawei App Gallery.
2. Install the app.
3. On your first login, choose the online bank account opening in UAE option.
4. For security reasons, banks need you to scan your documents in real-time. The first document is your Emirates ID. The app will use the camera on your mobile phone to scan your Emirates ID, both front and back images are required.
5. Next, you need to take a selfie. Make sure your image matches your Emirates ID. Although it is rare, your application to open a bank account online can be rejected if, for example, you now have a beard, and your Emirates ID photo doesn’t have one.
6. Fill in your details taking care of the spelling and the dates.
7. In most cases, your bank account opening is processed within seconds and you can start using the banking services immediately.
Mobile apps undoubtedly have taken the stress out of banking for people. You no longer need to wait for the banks to open when you want to use a banking service. The always open for business mobile apps offer flexibility and ease that more than 83 percent of UAE expats and nationals love.