You need to understand how your site appears in local search results to identify possible improvements. The trick here is to understand that people in different locations will have different search results. Google’s search results may vary depending on the device you’re using, your search history, your Google account and your IP address. With so many variables, how can you get an accurate picture of how your site appears in SEO Local?
An alternative solution is to use a Proxy in your browser. The Proxy changes the IP address of your browser, informing the searcher that you are in another location, different from the real one. This will help you find out how the site appears in the result of another location. Brands must be visible where people need them so that a worthy connection can be made. Local SEO increases this transparency and enables potential customers to find the answers and the companies that provide the answers.
Local SEO aims to optimize search engines
It is increasingly common for people to search for products, or services using search engines like Google. With that in mind, many companies have sought to position themselves so that their websites are located and are in the top positions. One of the alternatives to help companies locate is SEO, which consists of optimizing the pages of a website to achieve good organic positioning in search engines. Have you ever thought about having your business located by a person who did a search in your city? You will be able to attract more audiences, generate new sales and have a more relevant online presence.
5 important points
If your company is one of them, here’s how to optimize your website to have a good local SEO and take advantage of it.
Optimize your website
To start, it is recommended that you use the Website Analysis tool, which will help you check your website and SEO performance. Consider performing the actions below:
• Create a contact page with an address and phone.
• Include everyone if you have more than one establishment.
• Make it possible for mobile devices to click on the number to place a direct call.
• Add a map with your location.
• Add testimonials, as they convey social relevance and more credibility.
Produce local content
Building authority is critical to any business. Create a blog, and develop local content that helps people. Do not talk about your product or service, but about subjects that are relevant to your persona, that meet your pains and needs. Important tips –
• Use your domain to benefit from SEO. For example: www.abcdef.com.xy/blog.
• Include in your posts the name of your city and neighbors, as well as terms commonly used.
• Include local news and events, bringing useful information to your audience.
• Sponsor local events, teams or organizations and write about them.
• Invite local experts to write on your blog.
Create Google My Business
Google My Business is a free, and essential tool in a local SEO strategy. When you register you will improve your positioning, and will have a detailed profile being presented to people who conduct a survey. Google Maps will also display a detailed profile and your location. Currently, when you search for local businesses, you’ll see the top 3 search results with addresses extracted from Google Business. It used to be 7. That is why improving your ranking in local search is more important than ever. Local SEO solutions, like claiming your address on Google My Business can improve results.
Take on your profiles online
The website is not the only alternative for those who want to have a local positioning. Be present in the main social networks and evaluation platforms. Do you know the benefits of link building? It also help your brand to reach among hundreds of potential customers. Be original, and produce relevant, and new content. Do not copy publications in full from other sites, as this may compromise your SEO due to duplicate content.
• Facebook – With more than 2 billion active users, Facebook is the largest social network in the world. According to Facebook itself, this platform has been the perfect place for growing your business locally.
• Google – Google still reigns supreme with its 7.6 billion searches. When listing local searches, Google’s 3-pack displays the corresponding sites, and reviews.
• Trip Advisor – The Trip Advisor is a travel site that provides information, and opinions related content to tourism. It has more than 32 million members, and more than 100 million comments, and opinions on hotels, restaurants, attractions and other travel-related businesses.
Who has never read a company review before buying a product or hiring a service over the internet? It is common for people to read the reviews and analyze the ratings, being a decisive factor in their purchases. If your rating on any website is less than 4 stars (it usually ranges from 1 to 5 stars), it is worth paying attention. Bad ratings drive consumers away. And the lack of ratings may not convey credibility to your brand. A study by Harvard Business School points out that increasing your score on a star can increase your revenue by up to 10%. Encourage your customers to carry out an evaluation of your business. But remember: what will motivate you is the quality of your products/services associated with excellent service.
Conclusion: Partner with local blogs
It is likely that there are several relevant blogs in your region, and that have some relationship with your business. Receiving links from these blogs can help boost your local SEO. Look for partnerships, and use this traffic channel to increase the volume of visits to your website. Receiving links from other sites is one of the most important factors in organic ranking. During the early years of internet marketing, entrepreneurs and marketers focused almost exclusively on SEO. Then, in 2009, the main marketing topic was social media. Today, the big topic of digital marketing is local search. This is why to market a brand, or business, more and more people are focusing on local research.