Pet owners are now finding other ways to manage and treat their furry friends. Instead of relying on clinical medicine only, they are now turning to organic treatment options. CBD oil is currently one of the most popular forms of alternative medicine for dogs. In this review article, we look at the top five best CBD oil for dogs and the benefits of using CBD Oil.
What Is CBD Oil?
Cannabidiol or CBD is one of the many compounds found in the cannabis plant. It’s normally mixed with a carrier oil like MCT to produce CBD oil. Basically, CBD oil is just an oil that’s rich in CBD content. This product has several beneficial properties that make it effective in treating various health problems.
The Benefits of CBD Oil for Dogs
Giving your dog this cannabis extract can result in so many benefits. Note that CBD can be effective in treating physical and mental disorders in dogs. Research shows that the oil can help to treat both mild and severe pain and inflammation. Generally, some of the benefits of CBD for pets include:
Giving your dog hemp oil can help to stimulate its appetite. Research shows that the organic compound can trigger hunger pangs. As a result, your dog will end up feeling hungry from time to time. Note that there are several things that can make your pet lose its appetite. They include anxiety, old age, depression, and digestive issues among others.
Loss of appetite will not only make your per refuse it to eat. It may affect mobility and cause malnourishment. So, giving it CBD oil on a daily basis can greatly improve its eating patterns and overall health.
Aggressiveness is a condition that most dogs suffer from. The condition may result due to an underlying medical issue or sensitivity to certain things. As a result, they end up with a chemical imbalance in the brain that makes them aggressive. However, CBD oil for pets can help to promote calmness. The organic compound has therapeutic and relaxing effects that can help calm such behaviors.
Whether young or old, dogs frequently suffer from pain and inflammation. Pain normally occurs as a result of injuries. Sometimes it could be as a result of underlying health issues. Although inflammation normally occurs during healing, it can still cause pain. To minimize the downsides of inflammation, CBD has anti-inflammatory properties. It helps to soothe the body and ease symptoms of pain and inflammation.
Anxiety can make your dog dull and inactive. It may affect its eating, sleep, and even playing patterns. This is a condition that may be triggered by various factors. However, it’s highly manageable. CBD has antianxiety properties. Therefore, giving your pet the recommended dosage can help to calm its nerves.
What to Consider Before Buying CBD Oil for Dogs
Just like when CBD oil products for yourself, there are also factors to consider when buying CBD Oil for dogs. This helps to ensure that you find a product that fits your budget and caters to the needs of your pet. Some of the factors to consider include:
Finding the best CBD oil for anxiety can be demanding. But knowing the right factors to consider can make the selection process easier. Some of the features to look for before buying CBD oil for anxiety include:
• Methods of sourcing: It should be organic and free of toxic chemicals and pesticides
• Type of CBD: There are three types of CBD oil products that you can choose from. CBD isolate contains over 99% CBD and nothing else. There is also full-spectrum hemp oil that contains all cannabinoids plus THC, terpenes, flavonoids, and fatty acids among others. This product normally works synergistically with the body to produce an entourage effect. Broad-spectrum CBD contains all the components of broad-spectrum CBD but minus the THC.
• 3rd-party lab tests: ensure that the product has undergone an independent 3rd-party lab test and the results should be available online. These tests help to verify the effectiveness and purity of the CBD oil product
• Size: not that the heavier your dog, the higher the potency you need to choose. The vice-versa is also true.
Best CBD Oil for Dogs
Whether young or old, your dog deserves the best CBD oil products to support its wellness. However, finding the right hemp oil for dogs isn’t a walk in the park. You will spend time looking for a good product that suits your pet’s needs. But because we understand the market and have sampled several products, here is an overview of the best CBD for pets.
There is no other brand that can beat Healthworx when it comes to producing the best CBD oil for dogs. HealthWorx CBD for pets contains all the premium ingredients that your animal need for healthy growth. The extract comes from 100% organic whole hemp plant. Moreover, the oil contains other naturally occurring cannabinoids, essential fatty acids, antioxidants, and neuroprotectants.
With more than 10 mg of CBD per serving, the oil can effectively minimize the symptoms of various health complications. It should be noted that each bottle contains 600 mg of THC-free CBD that supports superior health and wellness.
• Made with 100% organic and naturally-occurring ingredients
• It helps to nourish the pet’s health
• Suitable for all breeds of dogs
• The full-spectrum hemp oil is highly effective
• It’s quite costly.
Try the CBD allows your pet to have the real feel of what cannabidiol offers. This is not just another brand that you can try and leave. Their products will quickly nourish your dog back to health. The CBD for pets oil supports an active and fun lifestyle in pets thanks to its beneficial compounds.
According to the manufacture, this product is effective in treating behavioral issues. In addition to that, it can relieve pain and nausea. Note that each 15 ml bottle usually contains 600 mg of active CBD. This makes the THC-free product effective in treating moderate health discomforts.
• It can last up to two months
• Helps to treat a wide range of health issues
• It has zero detectable levels of THC
• It’s only suitable for treating mild health conditions
• The product variety is quite limited
The full-spectrum hemp oil is proving to be a game-changer. Their full-spectrum CBD oil is one of the best on the market. With its high level of potency, the pure CBD oil has been attracting a large number of pet owners.
Note that each bottle contains 240 mg of CBD. This makes it effective in treating a wide range of diseases. They include arthritis, anxiety, muscle pain, sleeplessness, and many others. Reviews indicate that the secondary cannabinoids and terpenes found in this CBD oil significantly enhance its effectiveness.
• Pure CBD oil that’s free of chemicals and toxins
• A high level of potency that makes it effective in treating chronic pain
• It contains healthful plant compounds that support vitality
• The flavor option is quite limited
• There is only one level of concentration hence pet owners are left with no choice
The best CBD oil products are usually organic and CBDfx oil perfectly fits this criterion. The product is made with the highest standards to ensure that its quality and efficiency are maintained. It should be noted that CBDfx usually extracts its CBD oil is the clean CO2 method. As a result, the products on the shelves are usually dog-friendly and free of harsh solvents.
Every 30 ml bottle usually contains 150 mg of CBD. In addition to that, the brand also uses coconut oil to enhance bioavailability. If you are looking for a healthy hemp oil product for treating small and old dogs, then you should consider this brand.
• Perfect for managing different forms of ailments including pain, arthritis, and seizures.
• All-natural and GMO-free CBD oil for dogs
• It’s made with food-grade ingredients for your pet’s safety
• It’s highly potent
• It costs a little more than an average pet tincture
• The effects sometimes take long to kickstart
You can trust Charlotte’s Web to have the best CBD oil for dogs. For starters, this is a reputable brand that has become a household name over the years. The easily-identifiable brand uses a high-CBD strain so that your pet can get all the benefits.
As an industry leader, Charlotte’s Web CBD oil for dogs is made using healthy hemp oil. In addition to that, the full-spectrum tincture comes with one potency and two flavor options. Overall, this product can help ease pain resulting from muscle tension and arthritis.
• A highly trusted brand with reliable CBD oil products
• They have a solid return policy
• The pricing of CBD oil products is moderate
• You can find the oil in unflavored and chicken flavors
• There is only one level of potency
• The customer service can be very slow
How to Give CBD Oil to Dogs
Do you want to give your pet CBD oil but don’t know how to go about it? You don’t have to worry about this anymore. Giving your dog CBD oil is easier and below are some of the techniques that you can use:
• Apply directly inside the dog’s mouth: get your pet to open its mouth and then apply a few drops of CBD. Note that the number of drops per application is usually based on the dog’s needs and its size.
• Put it on a treat: ensure that you get porous treats that can absorb the oil. Just remember to apply the correct amount.
• Mix it with food: this technique usually works best when you have wet food. Just make sure that you start with smaller doses and then gradually increase the amount
• Make CBD dog treats: yes, you can make your own dog treats and bake the edibles with CBD. This is more effective, especially if your dog is sensitive to CBD.
Is CBD Oil Safe For Dogs?
Generally, CBD oil effects in dogs are usually positive. The compound has a good safety profile. However, in some scenarios, it may cause unwanted results. Most times, the side effects are usually mild and the most common ones include:
• Dry mouth: research studies show that CBD normally reduces the production of saliva. In case your dog manifests increased thirst, then it’s dehydrated.
• Low blood pressure: giving your pet high doses of CBD can lower its blood pressure. Research shows that CBD can cause a slight drop in blood pressure. As a result, your pet may end up feeling light-headed.
• Drowsiness: CBD’s calming effect can cause slight drowsiness. However, dogs normally experience this side effect when you give them higher doses of CBD oil.
Where to Buy CBD Oil for Dogs?
You can buy CBD oil in retail stores wherever you are. But the downside if this is that there is no guarantee of product quality. The hemp oil market is under no regulation. So, the chances of getting a low-quality product are high. Its, therefore, advisable to buy CBD oil online, directly from the manufacturer’s website.
The Bottom Line
There are so many benefits of giving your dog CBD. The compound can help treat a broad range of health issues in dogs, both mental and physical. The trick of ensuring your dog gets optimal CBD oil benefits is finding the right product. The article guide above highlights the best CBD oil products on the market currently. All you have to do is to find something that suits your dog’s needs.