Cleaning and organizing are popular goals this month and your Neighborhood Auto Repair Professionals (NARPRO) are available to share interesting ways to get a clean, organized car.
• Spritzing your grille will make it easier to get bugs off. WD40 also works.
• After cleaning your wheels, give them a light coating of cooking spray. It will make it easy to wipe off brake dust.
• If you get tar on your car, pass the mayo to save on elbow grease and get a clean car.
• Slather mayo over the area; let it sit for a few minutes; and wipe with a clean, soft cloth.
• Want to get rid of bumper or window stickers? Cover the top and sides with undiluted distilled vinegar. Wait 10-15 minutes then scrape it off. If there’s remaining residue you can use full-strength vinegar.
• Clean your wiper blades by dampening a cloth with full-strength white vinegar and running it down each blade.
• Skip the multiple trips lugging items into the house. Instead, put a basket in your trunk and fill groceries, kids’ sports gear and more.
• No need to worry about crumbs or drips in your cup holders when you use silicone muffin holders. Just remove and wash when needed.
Empty tissue box
• Don’t like the idea of keeping a trash bag in your car? An empty tissue box can collect gum wrappers and other small items.
• You can also stuff the box with a couple plastic bags for larger items.