Phoenix cityscape in downtown at sunset.
AZRE Forum offers mid-year forecast from top CRE leaders
The Arizona commercial real estate industry has benefited from — and helped drive — the state’s robust economy.
“We are so fortunate to live in Arizona, where people want to come to live, to be educated, to work, to grow their businesses, and to enjoy life,” says Sharon Harper, president and CEO of Plaza Companies. “We have a very diverse economy, which distinguishes us from how it was in other recessions, but we also have to be very careful. There are ups and downs in the market.”
While commercial real estate in Arizona has been booming, how long can it continue? What are the are ups and downs to look for? Can the industrial sector keep sizzling? With Intel expanding and Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company investing billions, will Arizona become a semiconductor king? With housing costs skyrocketing, will economic developers still be able to attract new companies to the Grand Canyon state? The AZRE Forum, a mid-year commercial real estate update and forecast, will answer those question.
AZRE magazine will host the annual AZRE Forum on Aug. 4, 2022, bringing together Arizona’s most brilliant and informed commercial real estate minds for four panel discussions covering all things real estate. Get tickets here.
The four panels are:
THE INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION
• Mathias Hughes, vice president and investment officer, Prologis (Moderator)
• Rusty Martin, general manager, Southwest division, Graycor Construction Company, Inc.
• Andrew Geier, executive vice president, Layton Construction Company
• James Murphy, CEO, Willmeng
• Erik Powell, vice president, Stevens-Leinweber
BROKER PANEL – MULTIFAMILY, RETAIL AND LAND
• Dave Cheatham, co-founder and president of Velocity Retail Group (Moderator)
• John Kobierowski, president and CEO, ABI Multifamily
• Zach Haptonstall, CEO and co-founder, Rise48 Equity
• Ari Spiro, founding principal, Orion Investment Real Estate
• Brian Rosella, senior vice president, Kidder Mathews
BROKER PANEL – OFFICE AND INDUSTRIAL
• Bob Mulhern, senior managing director for Arizona, Colliers (Moderator)
• Jessica Morin, head of U.S. office research, CBRE
• Trey Davis, Pinal County specialist, Land Advisors Organization
• Brian Uretzky, capital markets practice group leader, Keyser
• Tyson Breinholt, president and designated broker , Commercial Properties, Inc.
THE MONEY FLOW IN COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE
• Larry Pobuda, executive vice president and GM, Opus Development Company (Moderator)
• Will Strong, vice chairman, capital markets, Cushman & Wakefield
• David Krumwiede, senior vice president, Lincoln Property Company
• Steven Schwarz, founding partner, ViaWest Group
• Robert Guerena, managing partner, GO Industrial
Providing expert legal commentary on what the panelists say will be Ben Gottlieb, co-founder of MacQueen & Gottlieb, the top-ranked real estate law firm in Arizona.
Get tickets to the AZRE Forum here.