Plaza Companies’ Brokerage Services Team enjoyed a record-setting 2021 in the medical office and commercial office leasing market with more than $71 million in leases and sales.
The Brokerage Services Team tallied a total of 136 new and renewed leases totaling 437,000 total square feet, as the market continued to improve for commercial real estate and medical office.
The Brokerage Services Team is led by Margaret Lloyd, Senior Vice President-Brokerage Services; Bill Cook, Senior Vice President – Brokerage Services; Michael McWilliams, Leasing Associate; and Brielle Torel, Leasing Associate.
Medical Office and Healthcare Brokerage requires a highly specific skill set due to the unique needs of medical facilities, which can vary in sophistication based on the needs of the provider. Whether it’s clinical offices, licensed outpatient centers, life sciences or other facilities, Plaza Companies has prided itself on being the “best in class” expert since it was founded in 1982.
“We are very proud of what our team has been able to accomplish in 2021 and are appreciative of the trust of our partners,” said Sharon Harper, Chairman & CEO of Plaza Companies. “Plaza Companies was gratified to see growth across all of its market sectors as we continue to strive to create a substantially positive impact on the commercial real estate market in Arizona.”
Plaza Companies has expanded its professional growth in commercial office, research and biotechnology and additional key sectors. Plaza specializes in providing healthcare real estate investors, owners, physicians and healthcare tenants with Acquisition, Leasing, Property Management, Development and Tenant Improvement Construction services.
The transactions marked a 15 percent increase in overall value and a 25 percent increase in number of deals compared to 2020. The company was involved in several significant leasing transactions in 2021, including:
• Radnet signed a 30,000 RSF lease at Park Central in Phoenix (Margaret Lloyd and Bill Cook)
• Cardiovascular Consultants renewed its 23,000 RSF lease at 3805 E. Bell Road in Phoenix (Margaret Lloyd)
• Southwest Human Development subleased 18,000 RSF at 5055 E. Washington (Bill Cook)
• Banner Medical Group renewed its 24,000 RSF lease at 9165 West Thunderbird Road in Peoria (Margaret Lloyd)
• Avertium signed a 17,000 RSF lease at Park Central in Phoenix (Margaret Lloyd and Bill Cook)
• HomeLight Home Loans renewed and expanded its Lease at SkySong2, 1375 North Scottsdale Road in Scottsdale for a total of 27,600 RSF.
• Focused Family Services renewed and expanded its Lease at 1301 E. McDowell Road in Phoenix for a total of 13,000 RSF (Bill Cook)
Leasing activity continued to gain momentum at one of the company’s signature projects — SkySong, The ASU Scottsdale Innovation, where the project’s five office buildings are nearing capacity.
Plaza Companies, based in Peoria, Arizona, is an esteemed leader in the developing and managing of medical office and commercial office properties, technology and bioscience facilities, mixed-use properties and senior housing communities. Since its founding in 1982, this full-service, specialized real estate firm has established a proud portfolio stretching across the greater Phoenix area valued at more than $1 billion. For more information about Plaza Companies, visit ThePlazaCo.com.