On Saturday, May 24, 2014 the largest “escorted ride” in the state will honor our fallen American heroes at the 4th Annual Memorial Day Ride starting at Sanderson Ford, 5111 W. Maryland Ave., Glendale, and finish with an after party at Westgate Entertainment District. Close to 700 motorcyclists are expected to participate.
The annual charity event, presented by Sanderson Ford and Sanderson Lincoln, benefits Veteran’s First LTD and Soldier’s Best Friend. Last year, $5,500 was raised to support a local military charity.
4th ANNUAL MEMORIAL DAY RIDE SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
· RIDE REGISTRATION OPENS 8 AM: FIRST 300 REGISTERED GET A FREE T-SHIRT
· $25 1 biker/ $40 – 2 UP
10 AM CEREMONY
· GLENDALE FIRE HONOR GUARD
· NATIONAL ANTHEM by Timothy Arney, Purple Heart Recipient and Combat Vet of the 82nd Airborne Division
· MISSING MAN FORMATION by WARBIRDS RAT SQUADRON, sponsored by Atlantic Aviation
EVENT RUN SCHEDULE/ROUTE OF RIDE: ESCORTED RIDE
· 10:30 AM: Kicks Stands Up @ Sanderson Ford
· STOP: National Memorial Cemetery, 23029 N. Cave Creek Rd., Phoenix
· FINISH -NOON – 3 PM: Party @ The Plaza, Westgate Entertainment District, 6751 North Sunset Blvd., Glendale, AZ 85305
SPONSORS: Presenting Sponsors Sanderson Ford and Sanderson Lincoln; Westgate Entertainment District, Walmart, Law Tigers Pawn 1st, Indian & Victory of Scottsdale, Atlantic Aviation, Clyclerides.com, Biker Information Guide, Four Peaks Brewery and Sensational Events.