There are few things more refreshing in the summer than the taste of watermelon or the soothing and cooling sensation of aloe. Mix Up Bar, located at Royal Palms Resort and Spa, is honing in on these flavors with its latest summer cocktail menu inspired by the tastes and smells of the season.
The newest lineup of inventive and handcrafted, garden-to-glass cocktails are made with ingredients like peaches, kiwi, watermelon and aloe liqueur that offer the perfect respite from the heat within a dark and cozy setting, named among Arizona’s best by Food and Wine.
Along with the bar’s year-round signature cocktails, here are some favorites of head bartender Tyler Strasser on the new menu:
• Smoke on the Watermelon ($15): Xicaru Silver Mezcal, agave, lime, watermelon and hellfire bitters.
• Fresh Prince ($15): Ketel One cucumber and mint vodka, aloe liqueur, lime and simple syrup.
• Silver Rose ($15): Gin, raspberry shrub, lemon, simply syrup and egg white.
• Kiwi-Colada ($15): Bacardi Silver, lime, coconut syrup, pineapple juice and kiwi.
• Royal Peach ($15): Vodka, Breckenridge bitter, crème de peach, simple syrup, peach shrub and bitter.
• Bourbon Bergamot ($15): Knob Creek, earl grey, St. Germain and lemon.
Directly connected to the iconic T. Cook’s restaurant, Mix Up Bar offers cocktails that are perfectly paired with the bar’s food menu like the Mediterranean Black Mussels ($13), Flat Iron Steak Sandwich ($17), Braised Beef Short Rib Tostada ($7), Smoked Potato Croquettes ($7) and Harrisa Edamame Hummus ($12.50), to name a few.
Happy hour is Sunday through Thursday from 3pm-6pm and offers great deals, but you can also take advantage of daily specials like Shrimp Cocktail Mondays ($1 shrimp cocktail), Tostadas & Tequila Tuesdays ($5 tostadas, $8 margaritas), Wine Wednesdays (select wine specials), Bourbon & Burgers Thursdays ($8 burgers and $8 select bourbon, select bourbon cocktails), plus live music Thursdays from 6pm – 9pm and Friday and Saturday nights from 7pm to 10pm.