Topping the Valley’s list of best spas, Spanish Colonial architecture, handmade tiles, natural stone, aged timbers, warm fabrics, private gardens, fountains and fireplaces at this two-story retreat create a warm and inviting atmosphere.
Alvadora Spa boasts Mediterranean-inspired treatments featuring warm-weather elements like citrus, eucalyptus, juniper and lavender. The spa’s signature scent of neroli, an essential oil distilled from the blossom of the orange tree, is sweet and honeyed. The scent permeates from the adjacent orange grove and throughout the spa with many treatments celebrating the invigorating benefits of citrus.
Intimate and tranquil, Alvadora Spa has eight treatment rooms, each completely different from the next, that are steeped in Mediterranean beauty and many have serene, private indoor-outdoor courtyards and patios. The spa’s lavish signature Acqua Dolce Suite has stone walls, side-by-side custom stone heated treatment tables with Vichy showers, an oversized soaking tub fit for two, an outdoor watsu pool, an 8-foot waterfall shower, an outdoor raindrop shower a private garden patio and a fireplace reminiscent of a villa in Italy.
Alvadora’s treatments are centered on the nurturing essence of the Mediterranean, soothing the spirit, renewing the body and enriching the mind. Earth salts, eucalyptus scrubs, hydrating blossom body lotions and outdoor showers to restore one’s wellbeing, can all be found at Alvarado Spa.
- Citrus Ritual (From $220): Known as Alvadora’s signature ritual, the Citrus Ritual begins in the Acqua Dolce suite with a full body exfoliation on heated stone tables while water gently cascades from above. This ritual is completed with a gentle orange blossom moisturizing lotion application.
- Watsu Massage (From $160): Wading comfortably in warm, waist-deep water, this aquatic therapeutic treatment incorporates rocking, cradling, and stretching techniques in a heated pool to facilitate deep relaxation for the body and mind. This treatment is also perfect for those “Mothers-to-be”. Swimsuits are required for this treatment.
- Orange Blossom Body Buff (From $100): Using Royal Palms Resort and Spa’s signature scent of neroli, this full body exfoliation softens and renews the skin. The treatment is completed with a lotion application scented with orange blossom found in the signature orange grove on property. Neroli helps to reduce redness and puffiness in applied areas to stimulate circulation and encourage cell regeneration.
- Mediterranean Wrapture (From $210): This treatment is like a facial for the body. Utilizing the essences of the Mediterranean, it begins with an exfoliation followed by a mineral mud mask. While you are cocooned, the therapist will perform the guest’s choice of a scalp or foot massage. This treatment concludes with a moisturizing lotion application.
- Citrus Grove Facial (From $210): Alvadora’s signature facial is based on the use of products with antioxidants to combat premature aging and provide skin with a healthy glow. The experience will include a luxurious facial massage, a warm hydrating hand & foot treatment, and the uplifting essence of orange blossom.
- Spring Citrus Renewal ($199): Relax and renew with the invigorating essence of springtime citrus. Enjoy a 50-minute Citrus Massage or 50-minute Citrus Facial. Then, choose one add-on including 25-minute citrus express back, neck and shoulder massage, 25-minute citrus express facial or 45-minute Mediterranean Pedicure.
- dēhp® Spa Enrichment Session ($300): Relax and let your body do the work. Exclusive to Alvadora Spa, the dēhp ® Enrichment Spa Experience is a unique spa treatment which unlocks the body’s own innate intelligence to process and integrate stored experiences, promote a sense of deep well-being, and assists in personal growth and development. The session is delivered in a luxury spa room/suite which includes the dēhp ® integrative technique, balancing massage and essentials oils.
For those guests looking to find the harmony and privacy of in-room spa treatments, Royal Palms Resort and Spa has its Alvadora Spa Suites. Custom designed by world-renowned spa designer, Sylvia Sepielle, the suites offer an enchanting escape of self-discovery, appealing to all of the senses to create a venue for calmness and tranquility. Guests can enjoy a menu of in-room services exclusive to the suites and the day beds have treatment tables under them that pull out into the living space for convenience and ease. The master bath features a European soaking tub, steam shower, luxurious linens and reflexology slippers. No other resort in Arizona has these type of spa-focused suites.
Located at the foot of Camelback Mountain, Royal Palms combines the graciousness and sophistication of a Mediterranean villa with the intimacy and privacy of a secluded retreat. Guests enter the resort through a driveway lined with regal palm trees and are greeted by a 250-year-old fountain in the circular porte cochere. Part of its charm is in its history. In 1929, the original Royal Palms was built as a private estate on 65 acres in the middle of a citrus grove at the base of Camelback Mountain. Today, many of the original trees are pepped throughout the grounds.