The Arizona Diamondbacks announced that they will host a Speaker Series throughout the season featuring D-backs executives and Phoenix-area business leaders as they field questions about their line of work in the sports industry.
The Speaker Series is open to fans of all ages and will be held on the first base side of the Insight Diamond Level prior to select Tuesday home games covering topics such as legal, marketing, communications, community affairs, finance, sponsorship, branding and trends in sports sales, and human resources. Each topic will be covered by a moderator and a team of panelists with expertise in the category featured.
The first Speaker Series was held on April 24 with D-backs Senior Director of Legal Affairs and Associate General Counsel Caleb Jay heading the panel, covering legal topics in the sports industry. They were joined by legal executives from the D-backs, Phoenix Suns, Arizona Cardinals and Arizona State University.
Dates, topics and moderators include:
- May 22: Marketing – Karina Bohn, D-backs Senior Director of Marketing
- June 19: Communications – Josh Rawitch, D-backs Senior Vice President of Communications
- July 24: Community Affairs – Debbie Castaldo, D-backs Vice President of Community Affairs & Executive Director, Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation
- Aug. 21: Finance – Tom Harris, D-backs Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
- Aug. 28: Sponsorship, Branding and Trends in Sports Sales – Cullen Maxey, D-backs Executive Vice President of Business Operations
- Sept. 18: Human Resources – Marian Rhodes, D-backs Senior Vice President & Chief Human Resources & Diversity Officer
Fans can enjoy the game from the Miller Lite Diamond Club which will serve as a great area for networking with others in the sports industry. Tickets for the Speaker Series are only $20 and include a $5 credit in D-bucks. Fans interested in attending the Speaker Series can call (602) 462.4243.
[stextbox id=”info”]Arizona Diamondbacks[/stextbox]